Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pinterest Pick 3 Linky: November

November? Seriously?  It feels like we just started school, and it's already time for all things holiday, beginning with so many fun things to do for Thanksgiving.

Today, I am linking up with some fabulous bloggers to share my top 3 favorite Pins for the month of November.  

What did we do before Pinterest?  I remember the old days of scrounging through MailBox magazines and Teachers Helper to come up with great ideas for each month. Now, it's all at my fingertips and I absolutely love it. Pinterest has definitely broadened the horizons of ideas for so many teachers, including me!

Here are my Top 3 faves this month that I can't wait to use in my classroom!
One of my favorite Thanksgiving books is Twas' the Night Before Thanksgiving.  It is such a fun and cute story and the kids always love the end. If you haven't read it, I won't spoil the ending, but this is such a cute craft & writing activity to go along with the story. I can't wait to use it with my first graders. Do you see the little feathers hanging out? 

 Who doesn't love a cute turkey?
These cuties from Cara at The First Grade Parade are to die for. 
Look at those eyes! I know my kids will just love these, and I'm always looking for a cute hallway display, and anything to accompany good writing!


While I obviously love all things turkey this time of year, I also like to spend some time teaching my first graders about the real reason we celebrate Thanksgiving...about the Pilgrims and Native Americans & that treacherous journey to find a new home.

I found this pin from First Grade a la Carte and knew that this would be a great way to teach my firsties about the first Thanksgiving.
You make the bracelets to go along with the story.
Such a fun and age-appropriate way to do this, and the kids get practice retelling, too!
I hope you found something you can use this month!  For more ideas, check out these other bloggers who have linked up with their favorite pins! The linky is open for the month, so if you have something you'd like to share, please do!  As always, thanks for stopping by! :)

post signature


  1. Awesomesauce! Nancy at First Grade Wow (1st pin) is one of my favorites--too precious! Thanks for linking up!!

  2. I love your pins. I use the bracelet to do the story of Thanksgiving as well and my kids love it! Thanks for sharing.

  3. I love those curly feathered turkeys. They're definitely on my to-do list for Thanksgiving!
    Always Primary

  4. I love those curly feathered turkeys. They're definitely on my to-do list for Thanksgiving!
    Always Primary

  5. The save the turkeys activity looks great and I absolutely LOVE anything by The First Grade Parade! Awesome finds. :)

    Lattes and Lunchrooms

  6. I just ordered Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving based on your recommendation! That looks like such a fun project! And the turkey art projects are adorable! I have to download that too! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up with us! :)

  7. We must try our level best that we always appreciate our children on small things like essay writers online this as this would boost up their energy level and will bring a new enthusiasm in them.

  8. Nice picture of children bands and going side by side with each other. It is imposed and organized. The skills are polished with essay writing and its implications.


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)