Friday, June 19, 2015

Five for Friday: I'm a Nomad!

It's been a while, but I'm finally linking back up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday linky. It's one of my favorites, because I just love seeing everybody's random glimpses into their lives.  And summertime is the best time for random!
 So, here we go....
I've spent most of my summer on the road, driving up and down the interstate and on country back roads catching up with old friends, MB, my parents, and absolutely loving it. I'm only 3 weeks into my summer, and I've put over a thousand miles on my car! Yep, I'm  a nomad this summer!

 I started the week in the North Alabama mountains. This is Little River Canyon, which is basically a canyon on top of a mountain. That totally blows my mind!  You can drive all the way around the rim, visit the waterfalls, and even hike down to the bottom and go swimming!

 So, my next "drive" is to my 20 year high school reunion. I mean, 5 year reunion. Yeah, that's it!  It's funny how "old" is relative to your own age.  38 used to be old. It's not anymore, at all. 

  Seriously, I'm not quite sure how the last twenty years have gone by so fast, but I'm looking forward to going back to my hometown and catching up with old friends.  
This is my senior picture. Look at those eyebrows!! Wowza!

 Speaking of trips. I"m getting ready to head to Vegas for the TpT conference in July. Look at my SWAG!!  I'm so excited about my t-shirt (will blog about this soon!), and my awesome planner, and they were all waiting for me when I swung by my house to check the mail.  
Don't you just love coming home to packages??  YES! :)

 And, lastly, I have joined up with some other TpT sellers and bloggers for the summer Seller Challenge. This week, we were challenged to give one of our products a makeover. It was just the kick in the butt I needed.

I redid my Manners Unit...and not just the cover...the WHOLE thing!  New clip art, new fonts, new activities, and 18 more pages!  It's a full 10 days worth of lesson plans, complete with crafts, activities, task cards, graphic organizers and worksheets.  If you're interested in learning more, just click the picture and check out the preview.

I also bundled my Addition and Subtraction Fluency Tickets. I start these right away when we go back to school, and we use them all year. They're great for increasing that math fact fluency!  On sale now - just click the picture to learn more! :)

So, that's it for me! I hope you've had a fabulous week & you're enjoying your summer! :) As always, thanks for stopping by! :)

post signature


  1. So jealous you are off to the Vegas Conference. Your product makeover looks great.
    Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

  2. I'm going to be nomadic for the next few weeks, too, and it will be great! As many times as I've driven through North Alabama, I've never heard of the Little River Canyon. I'll put that on my list of places to see. I'm jealous that you are going to Vegas... Maybe I'll get there one year. :)

    School and the City

  3. Little River Canyon sounds like such a neat place to explore! :)


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)