Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Primary Peach: Freebie Blog Hop!!!


Hi Friends!
  As y'all know, I am proud to be a southern gal & a Georgia Peach! I am so excited to be teaming up with about 30 other amazing elementary bloggers from this fabulous state in a brand new, collaborative blog.  Let me introduce you to....
For our very first blog post, we are all giving away a bunch of fabulous freebies!  Each blogger has something special for you & it's all geared for the end of the year.  We all know how crazy the end of the year can be - the kids are crazy and have summer on the brain....and you do too! Plus, if you're anything like me, you're always on the lookout for new and fun stuff to do in your classroom. Believe me there's some great stuff in this hop.

But, before I get to that, let me introduce myself....
My name is Kelly and this is my blog! I teach first grade right outside of Atlanta, and have been doing and loving my job for 14 years.  I can't believe it's been that long!  I love creating and crafting, and I absolutely love sharing ideas with you.  I am slightly addicted to Instagram and Pinterest, and simply can't get enough of all the amazing things that teachers do each and every day. I am so honored to be part of this profession, and to have the opportunity to share with all of you!

Now, how about that FREEBIE?
I just love doing crafts in my room, and my kids do, too!  My first graders are always so excited when we get out the glue & scissors, and I truly believe in making learning fun...fun and engaging, that is!

We spend a lot of our end-of-the-year time practicing our writing skills....and the kids spend a lot of THEIR time telling me about their summer plans.  So, one of our favorite activities is this little writing & craftivity for Sailing Into Summer...

The kids write about their summer plans & make this super cute ship to go with it!  Here are some pics of it in action...

 The freebie includes all the templates for the craft.
 My firsties cut their own stripes for the top & I use a craft punch to make the portholes.

Time to write!

I just love first grade writing!
 Aren't they cute??
 Can't wait to get these hung up in the hallway!

So, that's it !  Super fun activity for the end of the year...and it's FREE!
Just click {here} to grab the templates and writing sheets.

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers for more freebies, too!

Oh, and we're not done yet.... wanna win some money to spend?  Head on over to The Primary Peach to enter a giveaway for some TpT $$$$!!  Woo hoo!! Money, money, money!!
http://primarypeach.blogspot.com/2015/04/its-launch-party.html


Now, head on over to the next peach, my amazing friend Meghan of Keeping up With Mrs Harris & hop along with us. We're all so glad you're here!
 http://keepingupwithmrsharris.com/2015/04/primary-peach-blog-launch/


If you like this activity, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for a lot more ideas! As always, thanks for stopping by! :)
post signature

9 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I can't wait to do this with my sweet seconds! What an adorable craft and writing activity! I'm so excited to be part of The Primary Peach with you!!
    Chandra @ Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinkin cute freebie really floats my boat! Thanks, JG
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the cutest! Thanks sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and FUN freebie! Thank you so much!
    Deb at Fabulously First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelly!!
    How cute!!!! Love it!! My 4th graders would get a kick out of it! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and I am a faithful follower! I just started up a blog myself (slowly learning the ropes)! Please help me out and become a follower! Any tips/advice would be wonderful!
    http://firstgrademonstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, i really like it.if you enjoy our site as if you pla t follow: http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)