Friday, April 3, 2015

Five for Friday: HELLO Spring Break!!

It's here! It's here!  Spring Break has finally arrived & I couldn't be happier about it!
This week has been a whirlwind, and super busy..... spring has finally sprung with some beautiful weather, and Easter is right around the corner...making for a crazy & fun week in first grade!

Time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my Five for Friday...
 This week started with a Walking Dead tour!!  MB and I met up with some friends on Sunday and went on this super fun tour through all the "hot spots" from the show.  We are a wee bit obsessed in love with TWD, and it was so much fun to actually SEE all the sets.  The show films about a half hour or so from where I live, so it was an easy trip and such a fun day!! :)
 We have been working really hard on opinion writing in first grade. This week, we incorporated April Fools & this awesome book to write about our opinions.  This book is a new class favorite, for sure!!  You can read more about this activity {here}.
 We also did our annual Duck or Rabbit opinion writing.  My firsties absolutely LOVE this every year. They have so much fun arguing...err...discussing whether or not they think it's a duck or a rabbit. It's a great way to get kids excited about opinion writing.  This activity (and freebies!) can be found {right here}!
 We've also been working on multi-meaning words & homophones... I just LOVE first grader's illustrations. This little guy's foot is so stinkin' cute...and check out that spiky high heeled shoe down there! Haha!
 Ahhh, the kids were SUPER excited about the upcoming arrival of the Easter Bunny this weekend. We had our annual Egg Hunt & I made these treat cups for a little (short) movie watching :)  

This was one of those projects you THINK will take about an hour... and THREE later, you've hot glued yourself to the table.  Their smiles were worth it, though :)
 Lastly...this. Yes, this... Spring Break has finally arrived!   I'm looking forward to 9 days of no alarm, yoga pants and flip flops..some Netlflix...and some family & friends time. Then, only 6 more weeks of school...not that I'm counting :)

So that's my Five, friends... What was YOUR week like?

Oh, and my newest product is up & I'm giving away TWO of these tonight on my Facebook page.  Just click the icon at the top & comment to win.
This Build-A-Word pack is packed full of word building, word sorting, and decoding practice & assessment. Click the picture to check out the preview on TpT! :)

Happy Spring, Y'all!

post signature


  1. Woohoo! Happy Spring Break! That homophone activity looks great! Enjoy your time off. :)
    - Kelly :)

  2. I am always looking for a reason to add in a little drawing because it always so stinking adorable! Enjoy your break!
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

  3. I love the duck or rabbit project! We're doing opinion writing and I love this activity. Thanks for sharing!

    Teach Talk Inspire

  4. Girl I am SO jealous that you got to tour the TWD "hot spots!" My husband and I are absolutely obsessed with that show! Did you see the advertisement for "Fear the Walking Dead" due out this summer??!!! I'm so excited!

    I hope you are having a wonderful break! You deserve to kick back and relax!

  5. LOVE your homophone book activity! Is that available for in your TPT store?


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)