Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Real Teachers are....Messy?!


It's confession time... I don't know about you, but while I'm blog stalking, I find myself comparing my classroom to all those that I see. Everything is so organized and perfect, and let's be honest, we all want that.  But, the truth is... real teachers can be messy. We have SO much stuff...and often, SO little space and SO little time.

Today, I'm linking up with Hilary at Second Grade is Out of This World for her new "Real Teachers of 'Blog' County" linky to show off confess to our dirty little secrets....the mess.

Yep, we all have messes. Some more than others, but believe me, there's one lurking in almost every single classroom...even in those classrooms you pin & admire.

 Here's what my classroom looks like from the "outside"...

Fairly nice and tidy.... most days :)
 Labels and tubs and boxes....just like I like it...
My "desk".... more tubs, more labels....but then there's THE CLOSET.

I pride myself on being super organized at school and I love for everything to have it's place... but my closet is the dark corner of despair in my room. It's where organization goes to die.
 "Just cram and shove" seems to be my organization motto for this spot.
I'm so embarrassed to even show this on here... it's worse than I thought!

 You can see where this closet started out organized.
Ahh... I remember the day well..yes THE day. One. Just one.
There were tubs. There were labels.  There was POTENTIAL!
But, alas, the real world of teaching took over, and I just started stacking and cramming as time allowed.
It's just awful & I have every intent to get this place all neat and tidy at some point.

Today is not that day, though... I'll just keep stacking and praying things don't fall out and impale me in my classroom.  Until then, check out these other bloggers and their dirty little secrets.....

Click {here} to head over to Hilary's linky! :)

As always, thanks for stopping by! 
Now, it's your turn....where do you hide all of YOUR mess??



post signature

10 comments:

  1. Tee-hee! I love seeing everyone else's messes. It really does make me feel better! Thank you so much for coming by and linking up!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I love this blog post. I'm an organizational freak! But if there is a mess to be found it is lurking behind a closed door somewhere :-)
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your classroom! I have a similar closet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand the "stack & pray" method of organizing :)
    Love it! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I love what you said, "It's where organization goes to die!" You have a way with words. :)
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaa! That IS my closet! Cram and shove...I know it well.

    Cheers!

    :) Shelley

    The Write Stuff Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I visited your blog in hopes of feeling better about my atrocious closet, but yours (while messy) is still not as awful as mine :( Thanks for trying. lol Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha..."where organization goes to die"! That's the best line ever. My closets are awful too. I just open the door and shove it in! Then, close the door really quickly before it falls out!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)