Friday, November 14, 2014

Five for Friday: If Today Had a Face & a Freebie!

Hi Friends... Happy Friday!!
    Nothing says how I feel about Friday better than these two pictures...
 Truth. Happens every. single. time.
This was me on the way out the door today. Woo hoo & TGIF!!

So, yeah, you could say I'm pretty excited about Friday.  This week has been a crazy one, but I absolutely LOVE linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky.  

It's so much fun to see what everyone has been up to. So...here goes! 
 I got to school Monday morning to see this....
One of my bookshelves decided to give way over the weekend, and all of the books fell to the floor. I think that's a sign that I need to go through my thousands of books and clean out. I spent 2 hours on the floor just going through these! Time to talk sweet ole' Dad into fixing this :)

Speaking of sweet ole' Dad....
Veterans Day was Tuesday, and I just love this picture of my pop. He was so young...and handsome, if I do say so  myself :)  I come from a long line of veterans - grandfather, uncles, dad, brother - just about every single male in my family has served in the military, so Veterans Day is something very near and dear to my heart.  I honestly think we should be thanking our vets EVERY SINGLE day. My hats off to all those who served, are serving, or will serve to protect our freedoms.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Our math focus this week has been on fact families, and we have been LOVIN' IT!
Our local McDonalds donated these fry containers so we could really show off what we know about fact families.  I got this idea from Pinterest, but I couldn't find the original source. If you are that person, or know that person, please let me know so I can give credit where it's due.

The kids really did LOVE it & we finished up with some cut and paste action.
https://sites.google.com/site/thefirstgradefairytales/french%20fry%20fact%20families.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1
A friend of mine used the little bitty containers that come in Happy Meals, which I think is a great idea! I differentiated the families each student received, and then used this as an assessment. If you'd like a copy of the cut & paste for FREE, just click the picture.

As I mentioned, this week has been a crazy one. Truth be told, this YEAR has been crazy.
I keep reading about all these other teachers talking about how they are just drowning in all the "to do's" this year.  It breaks my heart to hear, but it also makes me feel better to know I'm in good company.

This week,I had to sit down and prioritize...make myself a daily reminder of what I REALLY needed to focus my energy on.
One of my favorite quotes is , "Have you prayed about it as much as you've talked about it?"  So, I am making a vow to pray more and worry less....and take better care of ME! 
None of us can be the best in the classroom if we don't do this first. :)

 Lastly, I gotta talk about this weather thing.  I wore cropped pants to work on Monday...dressing for the weather and not the season, you know.
Today, I was bundled up like the kid in a Christmas story. 
Now, I LOVE winter... the cold weather, the boots, the sweaters, but WOW, it showed up with a vengeance this year,and FAST!

So, that's it for me. I'm off to grab me some Starbucks, and do a little winter shopping. Nothing like a change in the weather to make me want new clothes, and hate every single thing in my closet.

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL week! Only one more, and we get a BREAK. 
WoO HoO!

As always, thanks for stopping by :)



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I LOVE your post! I am so sorry your bookcase broke. That is so annoying, but would be SO MY BOOKCASE! I love, love, love your "Worry less, Pray More" poster. YES YES YES. And drink more water. Oh my gosh, yes. Why is it hard to do that?! It isn't. Duh. I just have to! Happy Weekend! :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what a bummer about your book case, at least it happened over the weekend and not over the kids. I was never a list person before, but like you said things just seem to be getting crazier and I have reverted to becoming a list person...what is the world coming to? Give your pop a big ole' thank you from me, acknowledging and thanking our military on Veteran's Day is just one more reason why I love the month of November.
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)