Friday, October 10, 2014

Five for Friday: Gimme a Break!!

Woo hoo - it's finally Friday!
Time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching & her super fun weekly linky....
I always love reading what everyone is up to each week.  
Here's my FIVE....
 This week, it's been All About Adjectives!!  We started with popping popcorn & using our 5 senses to describe how it sounded, tasted, smelled, felt, and looked.  We also read some monster books &  created our own creature. Then, we described them!. The kids loved it!!  Don't you just love how my little friend used and spelled the word "hideus"?  :)
We also used our study of adjectives to work on our writing.
Using "Adjective Pumpkins" by Kelley at the Teacher Idea Factory, the kids each created their own pumpkin (no pencils, just scissors!) & had to write a story using at least FIVE adjectives.
 I absolutely LOVE how they turned out!!!  This kids said his pumpkin had a mustache!
 And this one's hair is just too cute.
I love any project that lets the kids be creative!  My Type-A personality really likes a craftivity template, but when my firsties get to let loose & create, it always turns out great! 
I. Must. Let. Go. haha! :)

 We worked on sneaky e all week & made these super cute puppets inspired by First Grade Wow. 
My kids love watching the "Silent e is a ninja...." video by The Electric Company, so this was a perfect compliment to our learning.  I think they turned out so stinkin' cute....and I can't get that song out of my head!
And now, you can't either!

Volcano Day!!! 
If you missed my post about it, click {here} to read all about our Volcano study, and some super fun things to do with your students. My kids went nuts about our day!!
 Yesterday at our faculty meeting, we got to meet our new Partner in Education... Wal-Mart!
The manager came and gave us each a $50 gift card to the store to show their appreciation.
Plus, we got cake. Money and cake? Um, yes, please!

So, that's my week.... 
We were off school today & will be Monday for our "Fall Break".  We used to get a whole week...and I miss it....but I'm taking what I can get! 
This guy cracks me up every.single. time.  
And his stapler? Yeah, I'm kind of like that about my school supplies, too!

Happy Friday! Hope y'all have an awesome weekend, and thanks for stopping by! :)

Head on over to Doodle Bugs and link up.....what has YOUR way been like????

post signature


  1. Love your silent e puppets! Enjoy your break! We have a 2 day week, conferences one day, a work day, then we're off Friday! But I consider any day without kids a day off:)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

  2. I love the idea of introducing adjectives with popcorn. I'm going to have to remember that.

    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

  3. I love your adjective activities. Thanks for sharing!


    The Teddy Bear Classroom

  4. I need to throw a popcorn Adjectives Party! GREAT IDEA!!!


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)