Monday, September 1, 2014

It's time for the CURRENTLY!!!

I can't believe it's already September!! I was so excited when scrolling through my Facebook feed, I saw Farley post that this month's Currently was up.  Excited that it was up because I love doing this linky, but so surprised it was already that time!

Allright, let's get to it....

Listening... to St. Paul & the Broken Bones.  He & his band are AH-MAZING!!!  MB and I love Al Green & music of that type, plus I've always said I was born too late and should have lived back in this time period.  And, BONUS, he is from right down the road from where I grew up. Seriously, friends, you won't believe this guy's voice!! 

Loving... this three day weekend. I honestly can't remember a time I needed one more. Thank you Labor Union for this wonderful holiday, and the much needed rest and time with friends & family that I needed.  Oh, and I can't leave out how much I am LOVING that it's finally college football season!!!!  My Vols won tonight, so I'm happy, happy, happy! crazy this "back to school" has been.  I know everyone is feeling it because I keep reading everyone's Facebook & Instagram posts, but WOW!  Until Friday,I don't think I even stopped to breathe! I'm thinking and definitely praying it will slow down!

Wanting....  a mini trampoline!!  Yep, I said it.  I saw this video, and it really looks like fun to me. I know I can't keep up with THIS level of commitment & speed, but I really want one.  Looks like a much more exciting way to get in that cardio!

Needing.... DirecTV to come fix my TV.  I won't go into all the details of how my head almost exploded today, but the short version is DirecTV was supposed to come out and "upgrade" my system.  What ended up happened was this incompetent dude showed up, broke my old dish off the roof, installed a new HD receiver....wrong one....installed another...wrong one...installed another...and then determined it wouldn't work on that end of the house. So,I have 12 new holes in my roof, and instead of working to fix it, he just got in his truck and left.  I've been told that hopefully, someone will be by tomorrow to fix it.  Gee, thanks. 

Allright, vent over.  Thanks for listening. :)

  1 - I've always wanted to just go on a big, long road trip across the country. My heart is set on heading out west, going through all the National Forests and Parks out there...heading north up the California Coast, and across the Dakotas and back home.  That's the first one...and yes, I do have it all mapped out...right down to the mileage, stops, and cost.  Ahh... I need one of Farley's campers for this trip!!

2 - Maui - I went to Hawaii as a kid with my parents. My brother was stationed there in the military and we got to spend 2 glorious weeks in paradise. We flew to the Big Island to see the volcanoes and it was simply amazing. I was 14, and I have been dreaming of going back ever since. This time, I'm going to Maui though. I'm green with envy when I see the pictures.

3 - Rome and Venice.  I went to Rome right after college, and only got to spend 2 days. I've been obsessed with the Colosseum since I was wee tee tiny, and it was a total dream come true.  I want to go back, actually spend all the time I want in that amazing city, and then head to Venice. Gondola ride, anyone???

So, that's me....and my Currently!!!  Head on over to Farley's blog to link up and read about everyone else's happenings :)

Happy September!!! :)

post signature


  1. A few years ago I did Sequoia and Yosemite national parks when we came to the USA for a holiday. I loved it! I hope you are able to do your trip sometime soon!!
    Learning to be awesome

  2. Hey Kelly! Thanks for your prayers on my adoption! I love your blog and love finding another First Grade Teacher!!! The trampoline work-out looks amazing, how fun!! And I have to agree with you, I love college football!!! Both my teams won this weekend too!!! Have a great year!

  3. That mini trampoline looks so cool! However, I know exactly what I would do...after about three days of jumping I would swear that none of my sports bras could withstand the amount of vigorous bouncing and kick it to the curb. least I know myself, right?
    Short and Sassy Teacher

  4. Holy what?! That trampoline stuff is awesome…where can I sign up?! I am in love with your super cute blog and the fact that you are a First Grade teacher (first grade teachers rock!). I will now spend the rest of my night creeping all over your blog :) ….not in a creepy way…more like a "holy super cuteness I can't stop looking" sort of way!

    Have a lovely weekend!


  5. Thanks for the band recommendation. Also, I would so fall off that mini trampoline. Looks fun though!

  6. Thank you so much for posting the video- I loved that music! I went to Maui about ten years ago and it was amazing. We drove along the coast and the best stop we made was at a roadside food truck. It was the best garlic shrimp ever! Maybe we were just hungry! Have a great week!
    Teachers Are Terrific!

  7. Hawai'i is #1 on my bucket list for travel! Found you through Currently. Love your blog design!

    Apple Bottom Beans


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)