Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bright Idea: Make a Copy Binder!

Hi Friends!
   I am so excited to be part of the Bright Ideas Blog Hop this month. I always get the most amazing tips from this hop, and I am thrilled to part of it!

   I don't know about you, but the prep part of every week is always a time sucker. Trying to get everything together, copied, and organized takes me much longer than the planning part.

  One way I have streamlined the process is by making a Copy Binder.
 I have 2 binders - one for the first semester & one for the second.
With the amount of copies, I may end up having to split them up into 9 weeks, but for now, that's what we've got. :)

 I tabbed each week with a laminated piece of cardstock.

Then, I used these fabulous sticky divider tabs to mark each section of the notebook.
I'm a sucker for tabbing & organizing, so these things are a dream come true! 

I also made an index for the front of the notebook, so I have a quick reference to what content is included in each week. 
This helps when I need to go back and reteach something. 
I look up the week & there it is!

Note: Our scope & sequence changed this year, so these are pictures of my new notebook. My old one looks like it's been through a war-zone!

Lastly, I paperclip groups of what kind of copies need to be made:
1 sided, 1-2 sided, 2-2 sides, stapled, stacked, sorted... you get the point. :)

This makes it super easy for any parent or school volunteers, too.
When someone offers to help, I just open the binder, grab a week, and
it's all there & ready to go! 

 Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! :)

So that's it! I hope you can use this idea to make your life easier!

For more bright ideas from over 100 different bloggers, please check out the link-up below and choose a topic and/or grade level that interests you. There are so many amazing ideas to choose from! 

post signature


  1. What a great idea! We just started having an aide who comes periodically to make copies (I never know if she's coming a certain day or not)-this is a great way to be ready just in case. Thank you for sharing!

    Not Just Child's Play

  2. Great idea!
    Where in the world did you get the banner clip art that says "index"? I love it!

  3. Would you consider selling your binder covers and dividers? I love this idea and your covers are so cute!

  4. Do you have any suggestions for how to set up copy binders when you are departmentalized? I teach reading, lang arts, and writing to 2 groups of fourth graders and 2 groups of third graders. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

  5. What an amazing idea. Definetly going to get this organised ASAP!!
    Sheri :)
    Early Years with Sheri

  6. Do you have your different week papers available?

    1. I just uploaded the file to TpT! After several requests, I included the tabs and weekly papers. Here is the link:


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)