Friday, July 4, 2014

Currently & Five for Friday: TWO Birds, ONE stone!

Happy 4th of July, Friends!!
    I absolutely love, love, love Independence Day. It's just a wonderful culmination of all things summer, and a reminder to be thankful each and every single day for our many blessings. I have a bit of a patriotic streak about me, and I always tear up at the Star Spangled Banner...and fireworks, so it just makes me happy. What else can I say?!

     Anywhoo.....  I'm super duper late to the Currently party this month, and I haven't done Five for Friday in a few weeks, so I figured what a great way to kill two birds with one stone.  So, here goes....both linkies & none of which are teaching related (just FYI!).
Listening... to the news. There's been so much tragedy in the news these past few weeks that I almost hate turning it on. But, I do think it's important to stay "in the know" with current events, but man, it can really bring you down. Some people are just plain cuh-razy....and that's the nicest way I can put that.

Loving... life.  I'll be honest... as much as I hate hearing the comment, "Oh, you're a teacher...you get summers off!", it really is a perk to the job. This is the FIRST summer where I have literally tried to turn all-things-school OFF, and just enjoyed the moments. Maybe it's all the bad news on TV, or some "aha" moments that put it all into perspective, but life is pretty darn fabulous. So, I'm loving it. All of it.

Thinking... I need to pack. I'm leaving for the beach in less than 24 hours, and I should at least make a game plan. I have it all worked out in my head, but that usually results in WAY too many clothes, so I need to actually start packing. I have a tendency to look like a Sherpa when I travel, so I really need to try & minimize...yeah, ok..that should work.

Wanting... to go to VEGAS!  I keep reading about all my bloggy friends getting ready to hop on a plane and head to Vegas...and I'm super excited for them..and super envious too. I really hope TpT and the I Teach conferences do it again next year, and I can go. Fingers crossed.     and toes.

Needing... summer to "tap the breaks". Seriously, it's moving way too fast. The kids start back in one month and 3 days...that's just too soon! I miss late summer starts to school. Going back when it's 100 degrees outside is just pure nonsense. Malarkey, I say.

4th Plans...  FIREWORKS!  My parents live in a little-bitty town in Alabama, but they have the most amazing fireworks show. Of course, almost all of the fireworks sold in the state are in this county so that helps, but it's just fabulous. So much so, I postponed the beach trip for a day so I could stay and watch 'em! :)

  And now for my Five for Friday...'cause I'm sure you haven't read near enough about my life... 
I'll try to keep it short :)

 
 
One of my best friends came to visit, which almost never happens. We decided selfies were totally permitted in this case, so we went with it.    So, when best friends, that you only get to see a few times a year, visit.... naturally, you've gotta ......
 GO SHOPPING!!!
We spent two days just in and out of stores, and loving every single minute of it.  
Found some great deals, and made it to Ikea, where I finally broke down and got this.....
 The cutest cart on the planet.
I love her.  I have to name her.  She is going to look beautiful in my classroom. Ahhhh....
Of course this cart also lead me to buy these....
 These gorgeous bowls from Anthropologie!
 Obviously, I am in LOVE with this color, so the next project is to paint my kitchen this color.
What do you think??

Lastly...
I'll leave you with number 5....Gotta go pack!


I hope you all are having an amazing summer, and I wish you the HAPPIEST 4th of July!  Enjoy your freedoms... you family...and your friends.  :)


post signature

15 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the wanting to go to Vegas! I hope I will be able to go sometime...maybe not next year, but maybe after that! :) I love the turquoise cart and bowls, it's my fav color! Have a great holiday!

    Lindsey
    Thriving in 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cart! I've looked at it several times. Did you see the one I got– posted in my Five for Friday. Bigger, not quite as cute, but handy I think. See ya.
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cart is amazing! I love that color, too! Good choices on your shopping trip. I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a decent shopping area- the town I live in has a dying mall....sad. Fortunately my daughter lives in Hoover so I can go see her and shop! Happy 4th!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that cart. I hope you have a blast in Vegas. I'm teaching a class so I couldn't attend. BOO! happy 4th to you. Are you at the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wanting was to go to Vegas too....sigh..maybe one day!! What beach are you headed to? Have fun! and Happy 4th!!

    Oh...LOVE LOVE LOVE the cart (I've never been to an IKEA---the closest one to me is like 4 hours or so away!!)

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your IKEA and Anthropologie purchases!

    Gladys
    Teaching in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have so much fun on your trip to the beach!!!!! I think you should name your cart Princess! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shopping finds! The cart is fabulous! Have a great time at the beach!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and I can make it to next year's conference! I wanted to meet you and was hoping that you had come. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO hoping I can make it next year. I'm working on a Vegas Savings Jar as we speak!! :) I'd love to meet you, too!!

      Delete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)