Sunday, June 1, 2014

Currently..... Just Call me Grace!

Happy Summer Friends!!!

    This year has been a long one, and as much I hated to see most of my kiddos leave last week, I have to be honest in saying I was happy to see this year come to a close....  and happy that it's time to link up with Farley for this month's Currently! 

Listening... To the sound of silence.  No radio, no TV, nothing. And it's so nice!

Loving... that school is officially out for summer. Like I said this has been a crazy year. My principal resigned in March...interim principal for the end of the year...and new one coming in August. They are amazing, and I'm so excited to work with them, but that much change coupled with the resignation has made for a crazy year. And I had more students than I've ever taught before..and well... I'm pooped. So yay summer... bring it on! :)

Thinking... about my summer project cleverly titled Summer Cleanout and Declutter.. I have been out of school officially for 4 days, and I have tacked this list head on...
I have cleaned out all the closets....cleaned and organized my bedroom, the kitchen and pantry...and the laundry room.  So far, I have 5 GIANT black trash bags full of clothes and shoes and 7 boxes packed up for a garage sale & Goodwill. 

I have lived in my house for 10 years and it is definitely time to declutter. I mean, who needs 19 can koozies?  5 billions pens and markers?  Enough books to start my own library?  Yeah, it was time.

Which leads  me to....NEEDING... some coordination!
   In all my efforts to clean out my house (with the help of MB and my parents), I have sustained some injuries...

   Here's a little story for you:   I had finished up the living room & decided to spray my favorite Gain scented Febreze air freshener. So, here I go....through the WHOLE house.... spraying..spraying..spraying...
    Just a few minutes later, as I was walking back through the house, I noticed the floor seemed really slippery.  Like CRAZY slippery... Like I-slid-into-the-wall-and-almost-broke-a-toe slippery.

  Then I noticed it.  The can on the table.  

Gain scented DUST AND SHINE!    Yes, friends, I sprayed my entire house with this stuff, which settled on the hardwoods and carpet, creating an ice skating rink.

   I have almost broken a toe, fallen flat on my face (no exaggeration!), and slid across the carpet with such velocity that I took the skin off my right knee. 

   And just for fun... I had already punched myself in the face trying to put a pillow case on a giant pillow. 

   MB says I'm a domestic phenomenon.  Yeah, something like that.

    My nickname is "Grace" or "Gracie".  Now you know why.

Wanting..   a tan. It's time to relax by the pool and get a little sunshine.  Yes, I know it's bad for me.  Yes, I still love it. 

Summer Bucket List...
1) Clean out....and try to do it without making a trip to the emergency room or the morgue.

2) READ! I love to read, and just don't have time during the school year. I've already finished Gone Girl (SO GOOD!) and two others.... now I need a new book to read. Suggestions????

3)  Get back to healthy!  I was doing so well, and then I fell off the wagon. Time to get back to those healthy changes... Of course, if falling was an Olympic sport, I would have a gold medal, but I don't think that counts as being athletic,so I need to find a better way to move and burn some calories. :)

So, that's it for me, friends. Head on over to Farley's and link up. I can't wait to read what is CURRENTLY going on with YOU! :)



  1. I love reading all the currentlys! I have 2 days left, which doesn't seem like much, and yet I'm STILL jealous you're already out! Enjoy your day!

  2. Hey there! I found you through Farley's Currently! I also love tanning - and also know it's so bad for you, but I don't care! I tried on shorts the other day and I'm all, "Umm...need to get out in the sun, stat!" Enjoy your summer - I know what it's like to feel so exhausted! I've got three days and I'm ready to throw in the towel! :-)
    BigTime Literacy

  3. Two more days for us! So sorry your floors are shiny and slippery- be careful :)

  4. I'm in the middle of Gone Girl and am totally engrossed! I'd love to hear some book recommendations too! Reading is on my summer bucket list this year for sure!
    Short and Sassy Teacher

  5. I too get hurt when I clean! I hope your cleaning goes well and you stay safe!

    My Crazy Life

  6. Hello! My name is Rachel, and I am brand new to the teacher blogging world! I just graduated from college, and am starting my first full time teaching position in a few days. If you have any tips or advice for a new blogger, please let me know. Also, feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!!!! :)

    Teaching, Coffee, and Aloha

  7. Hi,

    I am new to your blog. This comes from a good place - I laughed when I read about your accidents! I must be a distant cousin to you, because I gave myself a slight concussion the 2 weeks ago while I was outside with my class tie-dying shirts!!!! I was just walking and then tripped and wiped out BAD! I'm very jealous you are out. We have 14 more painful days!


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)