Thursday, May 1, 2014

Currently... it's almost SUMMER!

That's right, friends, it's almost summer time, and that can only mean one thing...absolute chaos!

The end of the year is so hectic,and my brain is all over the place these days, so I was happily surprised to find out the latest Currently was up and running. I can't believe I almost forgot... I love this linky!! :)
Listening... to good ole' Greys.  I've watched this show since the very first episode, and I never miss one. I'll admit, there were times I wasn't a huge fan, but I've stuck it out, and here I sit... every.single. Thursday.  Hey, at least I'm loyal, right?!  And this one is a good one... No spoilers here, but WOW is all I can say!

Loving... my family and friends.  I have been on a bit of a blogging hiatus due to my sweet, sweet daddy being in the hospital. He was in ICU for too many days, and there were times none of us knew what the outcome would be. The power of prayer is an amazing thing, and my daddy is home, resting, and doing much MUCH better.  They say, "You find out who your friends are", and ain't it the truth?! I love my family... and my FRamily...those friends who are more family than anything else.  What can I say - they mean everything to me :)

Thinking... of all the stuff that has to be done before May 23rd.  Tomorrow is field day, and then it's back to being buried under mounds of paperwork, and up to my eyeballs in testing. There's just too much testing.. I have to say.  I miss teaching... especially at the end of the year.  Yeah, I miss that. That's what I'm thinking.

Wanting... sleep.  Good ole mouth drooling, wet pillow, hard, snoring, deep REM cycle sleep. Yeah, I want that.  Stat. 

Needing... to get back on my health kick!  I was doing awesome. Down 13 pounds. Making good choices.  Then, the hospital.  It was a vending machine, McDonalds or Arbys as the choices, and I have to say, I fell off the wagon.  Time to get back on it.  I head to the beach in t-minus 12 days, and my swimsuit is not loving the light of day, to say the least....

Surprise!!  One of my most favorite bloggy peeps is Julie over at First Grade Critter Cafe'.  She is absolutely amazing.. a ray of sunshine on a rainy day...and just an all around awesome person and teacher.  And, she's about to get hitched!!  So, head on over to her blog & show her some love. You won't regret it! :)

http://firstgradecrittercafe.blogspot.com/

So,that's it for me... Gotta watch the end of this episode, get the cooler ready for Field Day and hit the hay!  Hoping you all are having a wonderful week..and HAPPY MAY!!!

When do you get out of school?? The countdown has begun here... 16 school days....and definitely counting :)

6 comments:

  1. I watched Grey's for about 3 years and then stopped- can't remember why! I am glad your father is doing better. Nothing worse than losing a parent or watching one age. Found you through Currently- also one of my favorite monthly link-ups!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your dad continues to get better! Good luck with getting everything done before the end of the school year!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending happy thoughts for your Daddy. I know all too well that awful feeling of falling off the healthy train when your hanging out in a hospital. It's nearly impossible. Where in Ga are you? I was born in Rome. I hope you're going to a fun beach. I live in Panama City Beach. It's been RAINY here this week. I'm ready for the sun to come back out! Now you've got me WANTING to go to the Country Mall so baaaaaaad! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love your shout out surprise...Julie is great! Happy almost summer. I couldn't agree more about the power of prayer... God is so good. Praying for your sweet dad.
    hugs,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending thoughts and prayers up for your Dad. Congratulations on dropping some weight! That's awesome!!!! I need to get my booty into gear and to stop putting it off.
    Best of luck with the rest of the school year!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending you and your daddy prayers! :) And AMEN to 16 days! woohoo! :)

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)