Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Currently!

It's time for the Currently.... one of those things I look forward to each and every month!  And the April Currently makes me even happier, because it means we're THAT much closer to SUMMER!!! Woo hoo!! Thanks to Farley for always hosting this fun linky :)

Listening.... to some good ole' news & weather. I admit to being a total weather dork, and I am constantly checking it on my phone, staying up late to make sure I know what to wear the next day, and then watching it again in the morning JUST to make sure.  Plus, I like keeping up with what's going on in the world.  

Loving....that in 3 fabulous days, I will be on spring break. It's so late compared to a lot of other people I know, but it always falls where we only have 6 weeks left of school when we get back, so I love it. Plus, I know people that don't even get one, so I'm considering myself lucky :)

Thinking.... that I want to get this last formal observation over with. We have 6 observations/evaluations per year, and this is the LAST one.  I thought it was going to be today, but it never happened. Since it's unannounced, you just kinda spend your day waiting for the door to creak open, but not today, friends...not today.  And I was all kinds of prepared! haha.  Does that ever happen to you??  So, fingers crossed it's tomorrow. It has to be before Thursday afternoon, so I know it's coming.  After 13 years, you'd think I wouldn't get nervous anymore, but it always happens. 

Wanting... some OTBT shoes. I was out with my best friend this weekend, shopping & getting manis and pedis, and this girl walks in with the cutest shoes I've ever seen.  I had to ask her where she got them, and she proceeded to tell me all about OTBT (Off the Beaten Track). They apparently are the MOST comfy shoes ever...and although expensive, she says she TEACHES and wears them EVERY day. Now, I dont know about that with this big ole' heel, but they looked so precious with her cute cropped boyfriend jeans, and I want them. Bad.  Hmmm... I do have a birthday coming up.... haha :)

Needing... a nap. I wish I could take back all those times I refused to nap as a kid and cash them in now. Wouldn't that be fabulous??? Yeah, doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Hours and Last Day...  We have to report by 7:40. Kids can show up starting at 7:15, but they don't come to our rooms until 7:45. We meet in morning assembly, and go back to our rooms to start the day. The bell rings at 2:40 for the kids to load buses, and I can leave at 3:15....not that many of us do.   Our last day is Friday, May 23rd, with two post-planning days the Tuesday and Wednesday after Memorial Day.  So, not that I'm counting, but that gives me 38 DAYS of school left...  not that I'm counting....

So, that's it for me, friends... Now, it's your turn to get your Currently up & running, so I can be nosey and read all about what's going on in your little piece of the world. Head on over and link up!! :)

As always, thanks for stopping by!!


  1. Ahh enjoy your spring break! Our is in about a few weeks. Love those shoes. I need cute wedges like that for Spring! Found ya on the currently!

    Just Wild About Teaching

  2. We Georgia teachers will be relaxing next week on *Spring Break* very soon...just 3 more days and we're due! My birthday is also coming up...I'm an aries?! and you?! not that I hold to those too much but April 8th is my celebratory day! Happy soon to be birfday girl! I love reading your blog posts and go get dem there shoes! You deserve 'em!

  3. Oh so totally can relate to you on the teacher evaluation. Fingers crossed for you that you can get it over with tomorrow. I have 18 years in and it doesn't get any better. Found you through the currently!


  4. Kelly I'm with you! I would love to cash in on old naps. My body is so exhausted. =) Those OTBT look fabulous! I need to check these puppies out. You're going to rock that observation tomorrow.

    One Fab Teacher

  5. Love the shoes. I'm definitely curious about how they would feel all day...ugh! Our Spring Break isn't until April 19th!!! And I know you'll do great with your observation!

    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

  6. Love the shoes! And I am so excited for the both of us! Evaluations are done. WooHoo!! Have a great week sweet friend!

  7. I would have to go to the chiropractor if I wore those shoes to teach Kindergarten. But you'll lool mighty fine. Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids

  8. Six observations!!!!??? I have one formal observation and three walk throughs per year.

    I'm so jealous about May 26th. Our year doesn't end until June 7th.


  9. I love those shoes! Super cute! Enjoy your break and plan on taking a well deserved nap!
    Short and Sassy Teacher

  10. Hi Kelly! Thanks for stopping by my Blog and leaving in me a not. Just had to skip and see yours and found that I already follow you! I love your blog and it reminds me that I have to take more pictures of what we do in class!
    Enjoy your break.
    Pauline at First Grade by the Sea


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)