Sunday, February 9, 2014

Currently & Some Valentine Freebies!

Okay, so I'm late.... allright, WAY late for this month's Currently.
9 days to be exact, which is just ridiculous and shameful, but here I am. :) some cheesy chick flicks. Sunday is the best day for these. I'm always finding some random girl movie to get sucked into while I should be doing other, more productive, stuff. But, what can I say? They make me happy. Sappy, unrealistic, and wonderful. Yep, I love them. And, I'm "ADD"ing it up by flipping back and forth between these and the Olympics. I'm AMAZED at these athletes!  I pat myself on the back when I get 30  minutes on the treadmill without hyperventilating or passing out, so they are super impressive :)

Loving... that it's a 3-day week for me! We get our "winter" break Thursday, Friday, and Monday, and I'm Ready, Freddy! And I love that the next week is only 4 days, too! I really think the whole 5 days on, 2 days off system is for the birds, and we should go to 4 and 3 :)

Thinking,...that while I'm pumped about winter break, I can't decide if I'm loving the current forecast. We just got over the "SnowJam 2014" here in Atlanta, where the entire city was shut down for DAYS, and now they're calling for more snow, freezing rain, ice this Tuesday and Wednesday. I can't decide if that would be AWESOME SAUCE or not so much. I don't want to make up any days, and so far, we're in the clear with the 3 we've already missed. I feel like we may be pushing our luck if we're out any more. Hmmmmm......

Wanting...this nasty cold to just go...away!  It was below freezing for two it's 64 degreees...and then, like I said, we're looking at snow. Until Mother Nature gets her act together, I think I'm just gonna have to learn to live with the crud. Boo. 

Needing... to grade papers. Ugh.  Does anyone else hate grading papers as much as I do??  As a kid, it was my most favorite thing in the world. My teachers would let me grade papers after school (GASP! This was the 80's!), and I thought it was so cool. Now, I think I''ll find just about anything to get out of it... anything.  Case in point - I cleaned out the pantry & the fridge today to avoid doing it.  Yeah, I hate it.

2 Truths & a Fib...
  I do LOVE me some Walking Dead & can't wait for it to come back on tonight.  I haven't watched it from the get-go, but last year's snowstorm had us on the couch watching the first 2 seasons in 3 days on Netflix, and we've been addicted ever since.  Love. Love. Love. But, I do not love scary movies. Seriously, I'll sleep  with the lights on, or just stay up 'til daybreak after watching one if I'm by myself. I'm such a dork.

 I DO NOT love to cook. Nope. I lied.  I wish I did. I truly...honestly...genuinely WISH I loved the cook. I'm jealous of all these people that can whip up some yummy fabulous meal, and I'm here like "Yeah, well, I can make a mean grilled cheese, so there!". Yep, that's about the extent of my culinary skills.  I can bake like crazy, but cook. Nope. Just completely suck at it. :(

  I DID want to be a pilot. If the whole teaching thing hadn't worked out, that's what I wanted to do.  I'd still like to get my pilot's license one day, but it's just so darn expensive....and a tad bit scary. It's amazing to me how fearless you are when you're young, and how age makes you that much more afraid of stuff. haha :)

So, that's it for me!!
Oh, and I wanted to share some math freebies with you. We're working on double digit addition and subtraction this week (IF we have school), so I made these cute valentine worksheets to reinforce our learning. Feel free to grab them!! Just click either picture :)

Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for stopping by! :)


  1. I am also a south-eastern blogger & I think we've had more 2 hour delays, snow days & early dismissals in the history of EVER because our school board is afraid we'll have to sleep at school like some did near you. Being originally from the midwest this makes me laugh. But whatever - it's 11am on a Wednesday & I'm at home, so not complaining!! :)

    P.S. I am totally not a chef either. Just make sure you marry someone who either IS or who likes eating well. "You know I don't cook like that so I guess if you're gonna be so picky you'll be in charge of dinner!!" ;)

    It was fun reading about you thanks to Farley's link up!
    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

  2. Kelly: Wow! I just found your blog today. My husband and I started watching Walking Dead just a couple months ago. I LOVE it! The other teachers at school mock me now, telling me I'm obsessed with zombies. I don't know why. All I'm doing is saying things like "Well, if there was a zombie apocalypse, I would just grab some food and go into the mountains in Virginia," or "Why don't you just spend a little time making a treehouse and use a rope ladder? Zombies can't climb." See, I thought watching a cool show like this would help me to become less obsessed with teaching. Before, my colleagues told me I was too obsessed with making new products. I can't win! :)

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    Teaching with Sight

  3. Your blog posts always bring a smile to my face! That's why I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger award. Check out my post for details!
    Short and Sassy Teacher


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)