Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like .... Shopping!


Yes, my friends, it's that time of year...
    time for family, friends, food, and fun... and of course, shopping!!!!

I'll admit it, I'm usually a Black Friday shopper. Well, I'm a Black Friday browser. I honestly don't usually buy a lot but there's just something about getting out and about with all the crazy that makes it feel like the season. The past few years, my mom & I have done the "midnight madness", and last year, I sat on the floor... yes ON the FLOOR of a WalMart for 2 hours to get a TV.

I think that might have done it for me. WalMart.  Floor.  Yeah, you get the idea. 

But, I did get an awesome TV for MB, and yeah, I tend to bring that up every once in a while just in case my sacrifice for upgraded, fancy television viewing has been forgotten. 

This year, we're not foraging our way out into the cold with the masses, but we are heading out at a normal hour and doing a little piddlin' around. Cute little boutiques and antique shops where we might find some treasures...and where the nutballs that come out of the woodwork might NOT be..  :)

That all being said, my favorite day to shop?? 
CYBER MONDAY! 

I mean, no lines? no grown ups acting like tantrum-throwing children over a blender?  no worn out, exhausted sales people?  Ain't nobody got time for that!

What, oh what, did I do before the Internet??

Anywhooo.... TpT has answered the call for Cyber Monday goodness with a fabulous SALE!


Yes, yes,... it could be said that MOST of the goodness this sale brings is self-indulgent. I mean, don't we all want and need new stuff for our classrooms? But, you could get something for your favorite teacher friend.... Buy an extra license & save all the awesomeness to a CD wrapped up just for them... I think I would LOVE that!

So, I'm linking up with Ideas by Jivey to share some of my favorite feedback on some of my most popular products, and the fabulous finds on my own wish list!

All of my products will be 20% off on Monday & Tuesday... plus the discount from TpT & you can get it all for 28% off! Whoop! Whoop!

Two of my best sellers are...
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/First-Grade-Common-Core-Homework-December-990265
 My monthly homework packets. 
4 weeks of nightly homework PLUS reading comprehension for the whole month!
Check out my favorite feedback...
 Product #2 is my monthly Guided Math Centers.... they are a great way to incorporate Guided Math into your classroom and addressing all the components to it :)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/December-Guided-Math-Centers-997049
 Thank you to everyone who has been so kind as to leave such thoughtful and productive feedback. I can't tell you how much it's appreciated! Oh, and if you notice YOUR feedback in this post, email me so I can get you a freebie prize :)

Now, onto MY want ..I mean, WISH list.  
That thing is in the triple digits, friends... TRIPLE digits..
There's just so much FABULOUSness out there....


Christina from Sugar & Spice has this amazing packet of Text-Based Evidence Reading Passages. Her fall edition is on TpT now, and it even includes passages about Christmas, so it's a must have, and I absolutely can't wait to get my little hands on it! It is such an amazing resource to teach reading strategies through nonfiction text!! 

The always amazing Lisa at Growing Firsties has her Building Star Readers pack on TpT that I want..want...want! I have her Finding Proof pack and it is AMAZEballs!  Can you tell I have reading on the brain??  I've got to get my kiddos to start comprehending what they read!

And lastly, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from Melonheadz... seriously, I could spend a fortune in this store alone!

So, that's it, friends....  get your carts ready & don't forget to enter the code for the extra discount. And, if you have some fabulous finds you'd like to share, head on over to Ideas by Jivey & link up!

And before I go... I just can't miss an opportunity to share my Thankful-ness, so...

    I'm thankful for my faith & God's grace...
        for my family....
           for my friends....
              for my job.... and all the wonderful babies I get to work with every single day..
                 for my health, and for all the goodness that surrounds me..

   And, I'm also thankful for YOU.  If you don't get told enough, THANK YOU... for reading this little ole' blog, for all your sweet comments, for your friendships, for your kindness, and for doing ALL you do for children. YOU are amazing, and, whether or not you get told enough, there are a LOT of folks out there thankful for YOU! :)

  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)