Thursday, October 3, 2013

October CURRENTLY & a Freebie TREAT, too :)

Ahhh... October, how I love thee...
And I love Farley's Currently, too...
  So, even though I'm late, I'm linking up!! :)

Listening... and watching Grey's. I've watched it since the very first episode, and even though I admit it's not as good as it used to be, I still love it, and it's one of the only shows I HAVE to watch every week.

Loving... Fall !!  October is my favorite month, and fall is most definitely my favorite season. The smells, the clothes...the leaves & fairs... love, love, love. Now, if Mother Nature or the weatherman could get on board with how much I love fall and bring in those cooler temps, I'd be a happy, happy girl :)

Thinking... how truly fortunate I am. It's so easy to get catch up in the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" and the wants and all that stuff, but I am so often reminded of just how lucky I am, and how important it is to focus on the good...and to be thankful for God's grace.  :)

Wanting.... some new fall clothes!!  Doesn't fall make you want to shop for cozy sweaters, new jeans, boots, and all that goodness??  Unfortunately, my bank account doesn't love fall as much as I do. ha!

Needing... To decorate.. and to get my craft on!!  There are so many cute wreaths and stuff on Pinterest right now, and I have this NEED to craft and decorate my house for fall. I kinda half-heartedly started last weekend, but getting it all cute is top of my 'to do' list!

Trick or Treat???  TREAT!!!!  Just keep reading... it's there, I promise :)

So, this week, we have been working on word choice.If you haven't seen my previous posts, you can check out Day 1 <here> and Day 2 <right here>.

Our focus has been on using DaZzle words to make our writing more exciting.  What better way to work with synonyms and shades of meaning that with word choice??

Today, we sorted sets of words by "shades of meaning"  (gotta love that Common Core language on ths one!)...

After our whole group sort, the kiddos had to identify their own sets of words and sort them by their "shade" on a candy corn....
I really love how the candy corn gives the kids a visual of the "shade" of meaning... and I also just LOVE how firsties sound out their words :)

They did such a great job!!  And, I'm really seeing them use more of these DaZzle words in their writing... AND their speaking! yay! :)

As for the TREAT??  You can grab the Batty Shades of Meaning sorting cards at my TpT store for FREE :)
  Just click <HERE FOR YOUR TREAT!>.  

As always, thanks for stopping by!
  I can't wait to read all of your Currentlys, so head over to Farley's and link up! :)


  1. I LOVE decorating for fall and can't wait to jump in this weekend! Thanks for the fabulous freebie. I also pinned it and left feedback!

    The Resourceful Apple

  2. Love those DazZle words, a great idea! Thanks for sharing! BTW it is Spring here in Australia and I am STILL wearing jeans and boots.....waiting, waiting for the warmer weather to start :)

    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

  3. I love fall clothes too....there's nothing like leggings, a sweater and some boots! :) But it's 85 degrees here....LOL

    Cute activity!

    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I love your candy corn activity! So cute! Have a great weekend :)

  5. WOOHOO! Loved stalking up.... I mean, Catching Up with my favorite girl! Grey's fan too! We have so much in common! Thank you my sweet dear for sharing this fab freebie with me! I am pinning it now! xoxoxo


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)