Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last Minute Halloween Craft & Writing FREEBIE!

Looking for a last minute idea for all the madness of Halloween tomorrow??
Well, here you go!

This was very much a last minute, throw it all together, activity for my first graders, but, let me tell you, it was a hit! 

Frankenstein Writing!!!

First, we read this fun book... you know me, I always gotta have a book !!!
It's about a kid who builds his own Frank, and finds out that having a constant companion may not always be the best thing. It's fun & the kids thought "Frank" was hilarious!

Then, we made our own monsters & completed our "Can, Has, Is" graphic organizer to help us with prewriting...
They really turned out so cute!

I let everyone make their own mouth, which just made me laugh...
 She told me "My Frank is Frankleeta...she's a girlfriend for Frankenstein!"
Oh, of course....

We are still working on nouns, verbs & adjectives so the 
"Can, Has, Is" prewriting activity was perfect for extra practice.
Umm..yeah, we still need to work on our spelling too!
But, you get the idea.

Some of the kids got started on the draft of their monster story....
But, we're really diving into more writing tomorrow. Today was a 1/2 day for us, so the kids left at 11:30, leaving us with not enough time to get it all done. I can't wait to see the final products!

Anyway, I wanted to share our Franks with you in case you were looking for a little last minute 
fun for your kiddos :)

If you'd like the craft templates & the graphic organizer FREEBIE, click <HERE>!!! 

As always, thanks for stopping by &
best of luck on the crazy day.. I have a feeling this little funny might hit way too close to home tomorrow....



  1. The Frankenstein cracks me up! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to look for that book!


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)