Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fabulous FREEbies on the 15th Linky - Add It Up!!!


How is it that half of October is already gone?? Time needs to SLOW down, for sure...
I keep hearing that time gets quicker as you get older, and I'm starting to believe the truth in that.. I mean, wasn't it just a few days ago we were starting school??

Apparently not, since our 9-week report cards go home Friday. I've spent the last week and a half assessing & now it's time to input grades. Fun fun!! 

Because of all that awesomeness, I'm keeping it short tonight, but Lucky to Be in First is hosting an awesome FREEBIE linky, and I just had to join in!
I mean, everyone loves freebies, right?? I know I do, and I try to post as many as I can on this little blog-o-mine...

With October being in full swing, we have spending a lot of time reading some of our favorite Halloween books. Have you ever read The Spider and the Fly??
Love, loVE, LOVE this book. It's actually a poem written in 1829, but the illustrations are absolutely AH-Mazing & the kids think it's super creepy and fun.  Basically, the spider is trying to persuade the fly to come into his "parlour" so he can trap her in his web.

If you haven't ever read this, I highly suggest you check it out...if not for anything but the pencil drawings. Seriously, folks... love!

Anyway, we have been studying addition, so when I pulled out this book to read, I just knew we could make this into an addition fact book... I mean, spiders, webs and flies?  Yes, please!




 The kids each get a page of flies, and 8 pages of webs to create their own addition problems. I loved that the kids could make simple problems or more complicated ones based on their level of understanding. You could also differentiate the number of problems they have to make.

Either way, the kids LOVED it, and they were so proud of their little books. :)

So, here's your FREEBIE if you'd like.. Just click on the picture below!

I hope you like & I can't wait to check out all the other FREEBIES being linked up. Head on over to Lucky to Be in First, grab some good stuff, and link up your own! :)


Have a great rest of your week, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, this is awesome! I know I have that book somewhere in my classroom! Totally going to root around for it so I can use your awesome goody! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly- this is loads of fun! Thanks for sharing :) Happy to be a new follower; your blog is packed with great ideas!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing a quick study of spiders, so this book is perfect. And even better, our library is online and we have the book. Just put it on reserve for myself. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun book! I totally need to find a way to incorporate this into my 4th grade lessons! Maybe persuasion writing? Thanks for sharing :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)