Monday, September 2, 2013

September CURRENTLY !! :)

Since I'm up at 2:45 a.m, and Farley posted her Currently, I figured there's no time like the present right? Plus, I've been an awful blogger, so it gave me a good reason to fire up the ole' laptop and post something.
So, here goes....

Listening....  to Duck Dynasty. I admit it, I love it.  I didn't jump on the bandwagon when it all started, and it just didn't fit into my Wednesday night viewing schedule (sad that I have one, I know), but MB and I started watching reruns this summer & the marathons they've had, and I feel in love. Absolutely hilarious, and I really love the fact that these guys close every show with a prayer and message. There needs to be more shows like that.  Just my opinion :)

Loving... THREE things. 1)...that tomorrow is Monday and I DON'T have my alarm set. Yay for long weekends... 2)... that football season started yesterday, and thanks to my dad's PPV subscription and his hospitality, I got to watch my Vols kick off their season. 
 We may not be the best team (that's an understatement, I know), but they are MY best team. Love love.

...and 3) My new iPad Mini !!!!
Heather at BuySellTeach has the most amazing giveaways, and this month (well, August), I was the LUCKY winner of an iPad Mini...just for being a buyer & seller on her website. Talk about luck...and talk about happy happy happy! This month's giveaway is for three lucky winners to win $50 gift cards!!

Anyway, I'll be honest here... I'm pretty much i - free.  I have an iPod, which is my best friend, but I do not have an iPhone (see wanting), and I don't own a tablet. No, we don't have them in our classrooms, so I haven't even used one before. When I found out I won, I about peed in my pants.  Now that it's here.. I'm terrified.

I don't have a clue how to use it.
I'm afraid I'll drop it.
 I'm afraid I'll scratch it.
So, it sits... I've taken it out of the box twice. Yes, I know I'm a weirdo, but I just need to get a cute case, and then I think I'll feel better about it. Goodness gracious, you'd think it was a newborn! ha!

Wanting...(a little out of order, but it flows better...,haha)...an iPhone. You might be wondering why since I won't even use my sweet little iPad yet, but I guess I'm completely jealous of everyone and all they are able to do with their iPhones.. I wanna be one of the cool kids. Truth. :) Plus, I'm slightly addicted to Instagram, and want to be able to screenshot and make my photos cute. Kind of a sad reason for buying a new phone, but I'm all about honestly here, folks.

Thinking & Needing... thinking I definitely need to catch up and get ahead. I don't do well with being behind, and working one day at a time. I need plans.. I'm totally Type A, and I like a schedule..a routine...a plan... and right now, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants, folks.  Lesson plans get done, but I'm usually a week ahead of things, and I just can't seem to get ahead. It's testing, assessing, planning, meeting, and I'm drowning. 

That being said.... I NEED some positivity. I'll admit it, bloggy friends, I've kinda been a Negative Nelly lately. I think it's the whole being overwhelmed thing, but I have found myself waking up with bad case of the Grumps every darn day. And that's just not me.

I'm happy. I love life. I love my job... LOVE my job.  So, this weekend, I slept (a lot...eek!), spent time with my parents and MB, watched some football, and did some school work that I wanted to do... on my schedule. I feel more refreshed, and I  finally feel like I might be making some headway in getting ahead. 

So, I gotta get that Positive MoJo back, peeps... It's definitely a need, and not a want. :)

LOVE Yourself Spot...
   1)  Eat right and walk.  Seriously.. I gotta get back on the diet train. I packed on some lbs this summer, and my pants just don't fit right...when I say don't fit right, I mean Muffin Top City!  And I need to exercise...walk...whatever.  And the 100 degree temps and exhaustion just can't be an excuse...even if I AM good at making them. :/  Wish me luck!

  2 ) I have decided that I am going to take at least ONE night a week off, and NO work on Fridays and Saturdays.  Sunday is affectionately known around the house as "School Work Sunday" and that's ok, but I gotta start taking some days off to focus on something OTHER than school.

  3) Daily Devotional - It fills my heart and my soul, and I'm going to be better at reading it daily. I tend to forget or skip a few days, then read a bunch all at once. Mind you, the messages are still there..they're still important and uplifting, but I think I need to really do it every. single. day. :) 

So that's it for me, friends... Thanks for listening and for stopping by!
I hope I'm not the only one who feels overwhelmed or grumpy sometimes, but I really do appreciate you listening either way.

Happy HAPPY Labor Day!  Take some time to enjoy it..your friends...and your family.  The rest can wait!:)


10 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    You will love the ipad mini's! My grade level partner and I got a grant at the end of the year for 4 iPad minis and our principal just allowed us to purchase 6 more!! Super excited to get the kids going on them!! Duck Dynasty is a crack up!! I look forward to Wednesday nights! I am your newest follower!!

    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog! I am your newest follower, too! Congrats on winning the ipad mini! I don't have an ipad or an ipod, but I adore my iphone!!!! I hope you are able to get one. You.Will.LOVE.It. So much!

    I completely understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. The beginning of the year just has so much! New files, new walls, new books, new assessments, new orders to put away, just so much! Plus, add in the stuff that you changed in your classroom. It just all adds up so quickly and it's hard to keep up! Sounds like you will catch up soon!

    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree with the no work nights. There is always a ton of stuff to do but it's so important to take the time to do everything else and get some rest (maybe). Enjoy the day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to jump on your idea of a no work night. It's terrible how easily we can forget to take care of ourselves and the ones we love...and I'm not talking about the ones in our classes.
    Best of luck getting back into the swing of things! I'm right there with ya girlie!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a new iPhone! When people call they can only hear me if I am on speakerphone! Annoying, but it is almost 2 years old and I can't see myself with any other phone! I totally recommend it! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Duck Dynasty. We didn't jump on the bandwagon either when it first came out but now we are hooked. And def. a great message as well!!
    I'm with ya on taking a break. I've been horrible at blogging the last week or so and did absolutely no school work this weekend. I've got to learn that if I'm beat and exhausted, then it'll begin to filter into the classroom and I can't have that.

    Hubby has to work today..I'm by myself...so now it's school work time! LOL
    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, Ducky Dynasty is fabulous! My family and I watch it all the time. It doesn't even matter if we have since an episode 10 times already! I'm so trying to get into the swing of things too. It's so hard right now with all that we are trying to do at school. Hopefully soon.....Love your goals! They could've been mine. If we lived closer, I would walk with you! Enjoy your day off!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kelly,

    I agree with your feeling like you'll never catch up! I feel the exact same way. I'm glad you were able to refresh yourself this weekend :) Here's to a great week ahead!! Wonderful goal to take Wednesdays off....teachers deserve more time off, more love, and more respect! Enjoy an extra day off, do something awesome and fun!!

    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly:
    Congrats on winning an iPad. WooHoo!
    I need to start walking again too. I am trying to figure out how to walk and blog at the same time... No strategies yet!
    I think taking time for YOU this weekend is a good start... You can get more done when you feel rested. And you'll feel better when you get more stuff done! I bet you'll be on a more positive path soon... I'll send some positive thoughts your way too!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. September currently for all individuals of the approved and timely provided the September with the primal means of the custom essay writing services induced and invoked for all affairs of the month of September.

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)