Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week - Meet the Teacher & Monday Made It !

It's Teacher Week & I'm not one to pass up a fun linky, so I just had to join in this party hosted by Blog Hoppin'!

Today, it's "Let's Talk About Me", and while I'm not one to be at a loss for words, I'm not awesome at talking about myself.... but I'll try. Mr. Greg had this awesome idea of a Top Ten list, so I'm gonna go with that.... The Top Ten Randomness of Me!  Warning....these are completely random and probably a little bizarre :)

1.    I have been with my sweet bf, MB, for a little over five years.  We live 100 miles apart, but we've managed to only miss one weekend a year (my girl's beach trip weekend) of seeing each other in all this time. I. heart. him. so. much. Definitely a lucky girl.

2. I am a HUGE football fan....bigger fan than most dudes I know, to be honest. I'm already counting down to college football season, and there's just nothing like it. Yeah, I yell at the TV...and yes, I actually get physically ill when we lose.  I grew up all over the south, but my allegiance is to the Tennessee good times & bad...more bad than good lately, but I do love them!
3.  I am deathly afraid of possums and ghosts. Seriously.
       I am just certain that if I was to get close enough to a possum, it would attack me and eat my face.  Perfectly rational, I know. 

      As for ghosts?  I've never encountered one, but I'm convinced that if I stop believing in them, one will show up in my house.  Scary movies are fun, but I can only watch them when MB is here for the weekend, or I am at my parents house. I simply can't go to sleep after I watch one. 
       I'm a big ole fraidy cat, for sure!
 *Not even gonna share a picture here... just. can't. do . it.  Ewwwwww!

4.  Chocolate Chip Pancakes are my favorite food. There's nothing healthy about them, and even when you use whole wheat pancakes & sugar free syrup, they're still soo soooo bad....but sooo soooooo good!

 5.  I don't eat veggies...and I don't drink coffee.

     Which, when added to the chocolate chip pancakes, means I'm right at 8 years old.   I love starchy veggies, and try to eat the others but just don't like them.  Green beans might very well be the devil incarnate. I can't even get them down.

6.  I love ALL things associated with the 50's and 60's.  I'm a total cheeseball, true...but Gidget, Grease, and Elvis rank right there at the top of things I love.  I love the style...the movies...the music...the innocence of it all and ANTIQUES!  I think I may have been born too late.  And, if I could get away with wearing a poodle skirt, I might just do it! ha!
7.  I sleep with at least 5 pillows.  It's a sickness, people. 
      There's definitely not a bun in the oven, but I just think I need one of these... HA!
8.  I have an unhealthy obsession with polka dots, chevron & makeup.  Sephora is my mother ship, and it often calls me home...

 9.  I have two nicknamaes - Gracie & T-Rex.
        Gracie because I am super duper graceful... yeah, right..
            and T-Rex because I have short arms. My coworkers actually bought me one of these for my birthday....
 because of this ....

 10.  I love ALL things crafty!  My favorite thing to do is spend hours upon hours on Pinterest & then craft up some goodness.  And, since it's Monday... here's my latest Monday Made Its! Hey, why not, right...two for one, tonight, folks:)
 Library Sticks... Love them!!  I got the numbers from A Cupcake for the Teacher. So cute :)
 Mean Mr. Fire Marshall made me take down my cute poms hanging from the ceiling so I had to come up with a way to identify each table. These house their crayon caddies from Lakeshore...their pencils...glue..and scissors...perfect-o !
I only made the bottom right one... the rest are courtesy of Just a Primary Girl  on TpT.  
I did put them in the Dollar Tree frames, though... :)

So, that's it for me, friends... SUPER random & all about me !!   This is such a fun linky & I'm having a blast reading all about everyone... so please head on over and link up!!

I hope everyone's had Magnificent Monday, and whether you are already IN school ( like me!) or getting ready.. best of luck on an awesome school year :)


  1. So I am super excited that you came by because it led me to you!! Does that sound wacko, or what? Anyway, I'm loving all of the great crafting you share! I see awesome ideas but get stuck on the follow through. And I too am obsessed with football, although mine is more NFL fantasy based because I love to beat my husband. :)

    See you again soon!
    Apples, Crayons, and Caffeine

  2. Aw thanks for the shout out Kelly!!! Your stuff is cute!

  3. Enjoyed reading your post, and I love your projects.
    Comprehension Connection

  4. Those pillows are the BEST! I couldn't wait to have a second baby so my snoogle pillow could come back to bed! It stayed for quite awhile afterwards until my husband kicked it out. :( I am also with you on the no veggies, no coffee, and a huge love of college football! Roll tide!

    Fun in First Grade!

  5. So fun reading all about you! You really made me LOL! I am loving your supply bins they are so cute. Thanks for sharing!

    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    P.S. I hate veggies too! I used to say that I was allergic to them!

  6. I really like the ribbon on the white bins!! I just might have to do the same with mine. The T-Rex nickname and pic had me laughing out loud. Too funny!!

    First Grade Lyons' Den

  7. Love that your nickname is T-Rex...cracks me right up!! And I'm definitely obsessed with football season too! My countdown has begun...3 more Saturday's!

    For the Love of First Grade

  8. I'm go glad I found your blog this summer. Today was interesting and now I'm in a much better mood after reading your post!
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

  9. Ok I kind of lost it on the T-Rex picture. Too funny and what a visual! :) LOL great list!

    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)