Thursday, August 1, 2013

August CURRENTLY....and a FREEBIE!

Holy Moly, Batman.. how is August already here?
I'm right in the middle of pre-planning and the kiddos start next Wednesday... WOW... it seems like we JUST had the last day of school. 

I swear summer just keeps getting faster & faster with every single year....
  Anyhoooo... time to link up with Farley & this month's Currently.
Everything is pretty self explanatory, but...
   'tis tradition to do a little talking on this bloggy thingy, so here goes...

Listening to... America's Got Talent.
   I do love it. It's just addictive and I get so attached to some of the acts, it kills me when they get cut, and I actually tear up when they go through. That's a little sad to confess, but true all the same :)

Loving....  Chevron. Yeah, I'm sure that's not news to any of you, but I think I might need to seek a support group for this obsession of mine. MB is afraid I might induce seizures with all the chevron in my classroom, but I do love it.    *Look below for a chevron FREEBIE, too!

Thinking... about everything that STILL needs to be done in my classroom. I really don't know how it's all gonna get done.  We got our *early* class rolls today, and I have 22 kiddos..... I haven't had this many kids in YEARS, and I'm afraid that number is just gonna go up before we actually go back to school.  I only have 20 desks, so that's task number one...get more desks!   Don't want those poor babies to have to sit on the floor...or on my seat crates... haha!

Wanting.... Some new digs & a pedi ! I would LOVE to go do some shopping that isn't school supply related & snag me a new outfit, but I'm afraid I've gone over budget on school stuff, and I'm gonna have to pull something and pretend it's new. Oh, and a pedi. Seriously, friends.. it's probably more of  NEED than a want !

Needing....  a foot rub and some comfy shoes.  I was at school for almost 12 full hours today working in my room & my feetsies are killing me. Does anyone else have this problem??  After a summer full of lounging and kicking it in some flip flops, standing on concrete floors (with a THIN layer of carpet, sure) just about knocks me to my knees.  Doesn't look like I'll be rocking some cute heels or wedges for back to school this year... am I really getting old here?!

B2S Must Haves...
   1 - Caffeine.  Necessity... I think I could have an IV mainlining it the first few days. That alarm clock goes off WAY too early.
  2 - Flair Pens & a Planner.  No matter how many years I've been doing this, and even counting in all those years as a student, I never ever tire of a brand new planner and some awesome colored Flair pens to fill it all in.  Just love it !
  3 - Khrys Bosland's Fonts -   I use them for EVERYTHING & they are so stinkin' cute !!!  I can make so many things for my room, and most of them are so easy to read so I can use them for parent letters, too.  LOVE.  Click *here* to grab them in her TpT store !

So, that's my Currently. Can't wait to read all of yours, so head on over & link up!

Oh,and before I go....I've got a little freebie for you!

I saw this on Pinterest the other night, and can't wait to get it made for my room....
  
Amber at T is for Teaching made this super cute jobs chart. Hers has the explanations for each job and I LOVE that , but my littles just can't read all that yet, so I made some cards that will work well for my firsties.  And, I thought I'd share them with you...  plus, they're chevron, so you know I love them! :)

 
Click the picture to grab this FREEBIE at my TpT store.

Click the above link for Amber's link to her TpT store for her cards, too! 

Ok, friends... time to get a little laminating done & head to bed...hopefully. I have a full day in-service tomorrow (ugh!), so I gotta get some shut-eye!!  

Hope everyone's weeks are going WONDERFULLY & you're all ready to tackle August with the love that made you choose this job... it really IS a great time of year!!! :)

As always, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Chevron is my FAVORITE!! And your blog is adorable, love it!!

    Rachel
    A Little Bird in Third

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about Flair pens! That should have been on my list, too!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need new shoes also! I just went to check out the fonts you mentioned and they are super cute! Another item for my wishlist. Thanks for sharing.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with ya! AGT (love that show and the stories)...chevron...pedi...
    hugs - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY WORD.
    Breaking news....
    Chevron Seizing Classroom sends student to hospital.
    Insert my terrible sense of humor!!!
    I am JEALOUS of your CHEVRON!
    And boy do I hope you get some desks and chairs...
    Just remember... I have 26. If that makes you feel any better.
    Wishing we both could grab lunch and a pedi tomorrow! That would be so fun!
    Happy Friday sweet friend!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls love AGT! Nick Cannon is a hoot! Hope your first day back is great! Love the chevron cards!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)