Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm FREE....and on Instagram!

Well, friends, it's offiicial.. it's 7:30 in the a.m, and I am officially free for the last remaining 8 days of summer. I finished ALL my grad work, after staying up all night, and now I can enjoy a little summer...and maybe get some stuff done for my classroom.

I have never ever, ever, EVER been this far behind.

     No lesson plans.
        No planner created or filled out.
            Very little cute stuff bought (I did buy SOME
                things...shopping is my sanity)
                     And no getting into the classroom until next
                          Monday. Then I report to work on
Enter panic mode.

I guess it will get done when it get's done right?!  The only thing I HAVE done is start on the "cleaning out the files" process..
     A.K.A..  The "you are a tree killer and should be better at organizing your files and not wasting so much paper" process...
Anyway off to try to catch some zzzzz'ss  for a couple hours before I figure out what to do with all this freedom! :)

Oh, and I finally jumped on the Instagram bandwagon - cause I'm cool like that, and apparently, very slow to catch up with what all the cool kids are doing.

I'd love it if you'd follow me... the little button thingy is on the right side of my blog... you know, over there ---------->>>> under my button, or you can find me at #firstgradefairytales

Let me know you're following me, so I can follow you too. Summer is PRIME time for cuteness, and I would really love to keep up with all your awesomeness via Instagram :)

Happy Tuesday folks... !


  1. You'll be fine. Enjoy your last days of freedom! I started cleaning paper files last spring and this summer my goal was cleaning digital files. (Which takes even longer to look through, by the way!)

    1. I have been working on the digital file cleaning as well:(
      It is going to take forever!

  2. I have so many papers everywhere, too. I really need to sit down and organize my paperwork. The problem is that I keep printing off more. Welcome to Instagram. I just started following you. I love Instagram. You get to see teachers on both their professional side and on their personal side.

  3. eeekk! 8 days?!? Oh my goodness, I would be in panic mode, too. Sending positive creation waves your way! :)

    The Brown-Bag Teacher

  4. I bet being finished with grad school feels great though! Good luck with the files, I did that and it was yuck!! Glad you are on Instagram!

    For the Love of First Grade

  5. Girl, I know how it feels to finally be done with grad work. I finally just graduated in May and I have never felt so FREE! I am so excited to start this year without any homework at night. I feel like I can devote all my time to my students now where as before I felt like they were always on the back burner.
    Karen Rowland
    Adventures With Firsties


  6. Yay for you! So jealous too! Enjoy all that "free" time before going back. I present my capstone on August 8 and go back to school on August 12. Can't wait to be done!


    An Apple a Day in First Grade

  7. I was late to join Instagram, too. I joined in May and I'm kinda hooked. I have *loved* seeing all the photos. It's been an easy way to keep up with people and share ideas--so much quicker than a whole blog post and I can share things instantly instead of waiting to go home and blog. It's addictive...just a warning.

    You Might Be a First Grader….


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)