Saturday, June 29, 2013


Farley was wonderful enough to post this month's CURRENTLY a day early, so I'm joining it! I didn't make it to the Top Ten due to my awesome new sleep schedule, but I am linking up.

I love the monthly Currently.. so much fun!

Listening... to Salvage Dogs on the DIY Network. These guys get to go to all these old historical places that are being demolished & salvage all the old vintage and antique stuff before it's destroyed. Then, they upcycle it, sell it, or so something else cool with it. I'm just jealous that they get to go to all those old places. I'm a sucker for all things old.... all things vintage... all things "junk".  When I grow up, I want to be an American Picker! :)

Loving.... the fabric and color choices I found for the redo of my upstairs bedroom.
 It's a little busy, but I'm in love with it ! I got a dark slate quilt to some small turquoise pillows & I"m going to make big sham pillows out of this fabric.  Plus, MB & I are starting the painting tonight....gray walls to match the fabric! We have until Monday to get it all painted and redone (minus the sewing, of course) & I"m so excited. Don't you just love the metal chevron light switch cover??  LOVE.

I'll post pictures when I get it all done!

Thinking... about grad work.  Honestly, I'm thinking "Why, oh why, did I decide to go back?" I finished my Ed.S. in 2011, and going back for an Add-On, but believe me when I say this coursework is kicking my butt!  Think 12 hour days (minimum) GLUED to the computer.  Good times. I have 18 assignments to complete in ONE week so we can leave for the beach & I won't have to do too much work down there.  How sad is it that I am SO excited to put this thing away & paint. I must need a break! HA!

Wanting...  a few more months of summer.  At least 2.  Grad school winds up on July 27th, and I go back on the 31st. I could really use a little bit of summer between that so enjoy, but I shouldn't complain. I mean, I chose it, right. AND we're leaving for the beach in ONE WEEK!! YAY! I'm also wanting good weather at the beach...that's not too much to ask right?! :)

Needing... to get my sleep schedule back on track. I'm a night owl, alllllll the way. I do my best work late at night, and when I get going, I can't stop. So, it's been 4 a.m bed times,and 11 a.m wake ups, and I've GOT to get back on a normal schedule. Those 5:30 mornings are going to come around way too soon! :)

Tips, Tricks or Hints...  I am not a blogging expert, nor do I claim to be. Some things I've learned along the way , though, are...

   Be YOU - show some personality & let everyone get to know you. Farley suggests showing more of you in front of the camera, and I really need to do that. I'm much more comfortable BEHIND the camera, but she has a great point. Your blog is about YOU, so show it  :)
  Get OUT there - Blog stalk & leave some bloggy love along the way. Let people know you are reading their blogs, and you like what they have to say. Comment on blogs you love, and if someone comments on yours, try to reply back when you can. It's hard, but choose a few to say something back to. Just my opinion, of course :)
 Say Something - I really LOVE reading blogs that are about stuff....great ideas, funny things that have happened, pictures of great finds or activities, but (and this is not meant to be ugly at ALL), I tend to skip over blogs that are ALWAYS JUST about someone's TpT store or items they're selling.
   Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing everyone's products and it's YOUR blog, so do what you want, but throw some content out your product in action.... blog and talk to your readers instead of just advertising. Please, please show your products ( I know I do), but don't make your blog just about that. Again, just my opinion :)

So, that's it for me. Head on over to Farley's & link up!! :)


  1. Kelly, I like your new prints for the upstairs bedroom too! :) I was just at Vera Bradley yesterday and those prints are so colorful and fun too! :0) Makes me want to redecorate something, but...I'm going to try to save my pennies for a vacation too! :) Hopefully though, the hubs and I will get to the beach again soon...IF it stops raining! Ahh, Florida in the summers! :/ Thanks for a great post! ;)

    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

  2. I like your advice, especially 'say something'! Sometimes I feel like I'm just reading cutesified ads! :)

  3. Love and agree with your tips. Lots of luck with grad school. Get some rest!

  4. Love the prints you are using in your upstairs bedroom. Good luck with the Grad school work. Relax when you get to the beach!
    Teacher Gone Digital

  5. Very cute fabric!!! Ha---sleep schedule, what's that. I stay up way too late and then I sleep in. August will be kicking my behind.

    You Might Be a First Grader….

  6. Love love love the new stuff for your bedroom. It is awesome!! Totally NOT busy at all! :)

    What is your add-on in? I know whatcha mean about grad work, my class is finished at the end of July and then...that's it!! :) I will graduate..from home...haha not going but who cares!

    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

  7. cute fabric! I've been staying up way too late. 4 and 5 is crazy and it's exactly what I do.

  8. Love the colors and designs for your bedroom re-do! We're excited to see pics when it is all put together!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

  9. Love the fabrics/colors! Going back to school on July 31st is just not right. Oy...
    Funky First Grade Fun


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)