Saturday, June 8, 2013

Five for Friday... it's Summer!!!

I absolutely LOVE the Five for Friday linky by Doodle Bugs Teaching. It is so much fun to read what's going on in everyone's little part of the world and, frankly, it just makes me happy! :) So, I try not to miss a chance to link up. 

I'm a little late this week, so we'll call it Five for Fraturday?? 

Here's my Five...
1) SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!!!!!  Woo hoo!
In case you can't tell,  I'm pretty pumped about it. Yes, I miss my kids already...yes, I teared up a bit with the final goodbyes...but yes, I'm happy about my 8 weeks off!
All packed up and ready to go !!  

I do admit, this sight causes me just a little bit of anxiety because I can't help but think of ALL the work that goes into getting it all back together again.
I think I mentioned we can't get into school over the summer, so I will have approximately 2 days to get it all set up and ready for the year. Eeekk!!
As Scarlett O'Hara says, "I'll worry about that tomorrow...." :)

2) Files, Files, Files....
 To jump start my summer, I decided to start organizing some files. I made a little dent in the chaos that is all the paper I have...
So, all of these are done...yay!!  These tubs house all my units for each month, and they were FULL! I mean, busting at the seams, so I cleaned them out and took two giant trash bags to the street.  Yikes, I know!

Now, it's on to these... the BIG ones...
These files boxes are HUGE, and from Ikea. Here you see my entire file cabinet, and the boxes are so full, we almost didn't get them out of the trunk.

Poor MB had to lug them from school to my house...then, home to my folks.  And they are HEAVY! So, here they sit in my parents garage for now.  As much as I want them organized, I'm just not mentally prepared to tackle this JUST yet! :)

3) Plan for next year.... of course!
  Thanks to all the fabulous bloggers out there, last year, I was able to get my classroom just like I wanted it...almost. My theme is all black & white with some green thrown in for good measure. Everything fell right into place except a couple pieces of furniture I didn't have time to work on. So.... now's the time!

My dad and I striped this table about 8 years ago for my "old" classroom. Time for us to strip it (I say "us" very loosely, obviously) and turn into something new! 

I'm thinking CHEVRON!!  What do y'all think???

That rocker in the back also has to be stripped and painted, and again, CHEVRON cushions?? :)  
I love projects, you know!

This all on top of the cute dresser I bought at the thrift store, and a patio table made from old pallets.  
Have I mentioned I have the best dad in the world!?! :)

4) More projects!
  Not to leave sweet ole' Mom out of the mix, she & I have been creating these cute little shirts. Again, when I say "we", I mean mostly "she". She is the seamstress.. I'm just the ideas behind the operation. Aren't these so cute?! 
5)  Grad School.  Ugh.
I know, I know, I signed up for it.  Now that the books are here & the assignments are posted, I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision..hahaha.  I have almost 80 pages to read JUST for this week!

Good times.

Jealous yet??  This is just one class...the other is school law.  I am kinda excited about what I will learn and get out of it...and kinda NOT excited about the reading. 

So, that's it for my week ! What have you been up to??
Still in school?  Celebrating the summer? 

Can't wait to read everyone's posts, so head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching (the link is on the top picture) and link up! :)

Happy Fraturday...errr, Saturday, friends!


  1. I just started grad school too. I have to finish two classes in one month so I feel your pain!

    K-3 Connection

  2. I went through and cleaned out all my files the past 2 days about fun work (haha)! I've seen those shirts around...they are SO cute! As for chevron decorations, you can't go wrong!

    For the Love of First Grade

  3. Happy Summer!! I know the feeling of stress when seeing all of your stuff packed up and knowing you can't get in there until a few days before school... I hate that feeling, but I also LOVE that I get to start fresh every year. I like changing things around :)

    Enjoy your 8 weeks :)
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

  4. I feel your pain! My Master's class for Maymester evening is on educational policy. Exciting!!!!! We have had so much awful reading and papers out the ying yang to do (pardon my not so professional language). Three more weeks and I'm done! Then comes the capstone.....BTW, love those shirts! Taking orders?!

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

  5. I'm jealous of your organization. You take your life into your own hands when you open my cabinets!

  6. I am so jealous about setting up a new classroom - I have all these great ideas from bloggers and I have to wait until February. I am one of your long time Aussie followers. Can't wait to see the table when done.
    Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

  7. Girl--I am loving the blogs new look! It is sooooo stinking cute! Thanks for the comment love on my are always so sweet with them!!
    Georgia Grown Kinders

  8. How was I NOT a follower until today?!?! Don't worry, I fixed that situation!

    LOVE your tubs and the organization! They are so cute!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)