Monday, June 3, 2013

CURRENTLY.... I'm still awake. :)

For those who have had to put up with my incessant counting down to the end of the school year.... IT'S OVER!!! :) Well, the teaching with kids part is over. I still have 2 more days of post-planning. And yes, it's after midnight, and I"m still awake.

This weekend has been so super busy , but I have been oh so productive. And, there was good times to be had, too. Sounds like a perfect combo to me!

We went to Ikea yesterday and I scored some fab stuff for my classroom. It's not too early to be thinking about next year is it??

I can't wait to share what I found, but I didn't have time to take pictures just yet.  Today, I spent the hours sitting in the floor of my living room cleaning out some of my monthly files.  It took ALL day, but that part is DONE,and off my "to do" list. Yay!

Anyway, time to link up with Farley for this month's Currently...
Listening.. to MB & his Magnum PI. He has a thing for 80's TV... when we're not sharing the tv, he's watching Magnum, Miami Vice, the Cosby Show... you name it. Hey, it's his thing! :) I can't complain since I can't count the Nicholas Sparks movies or cheesy reality shows I have made him sit through.

 Loving... that the school year is officially over. Just two more days of working in my room and paperwork, and it's time to shut it down for the year. It's definitely bittersweet because I love my kids, but I do love me some summertime! 

  And now I've got Will Smith stuck in my head.. "summa summatime...oooh...summatime...time to sit back and rewind".  Great, that'll help me sleep! 

Thinking...about everything that has to be done. I'm totally Type-A and a wee bit OCD, so my brain just refuses to shut off this time of year. I have so many lists stuck on post it notes, crammed in my purse, or in my teacher bag, it's not even funny. Hopefully I can compile those into ONE master list, and start checking them off tomorrow :)

Wanting... a beach house, lake house, boat... you know, anything that will get me close the water. If I believed in reincarnation, I might honestly think I was a sea creature or a mermaid (you know, if we're believing in all that stuff). The beach or the lake... a pool... heck, I'll sit by a puddle if it gets me to the water. :) Definitely ready to drive "til the map turns blue" very soon!    So, if you have any of those things you're looking to unload, give me a holler :)

Needing... a serious massage, muscle rub, and a lot of Tylenol. Moving everything in my classroom PLUS sitting in the floor all day going through files has equalled up to one sore chicky. I'm totally walking like a Nana today (and MB has called me Nana all weekend!).  So, this means I need a strong masseuse... or that I need to be in better shape. Hmmm... probably the latter, but hey. :)

Vacay Essentials...
1. Good music. I LOVE music & truly think life should come with a soundtrack. Don't you think that your days would be so much more fun with musical accompaniment??  So, good music is a MUST for the vacation. It makes the road trip part even more fun, and after vacay is over, when you hear a good song? Instant memory> LOVE :) 

2. Camera.  I'm kind of a picture nut, to the point I probably drive some folks crazy with my picture taking.  But, I like to capture the memories, what can I say?! I've always loved going through my parents and grandparents old pictures, and I want to have those memories too.  I sincerely believe in living IN the moment on vacation, so I'm not very plugged in with my phone, computer, tablet or anything while I'm gone, but I DO love some some pictures !

3 Those I love... Enuff said, right?!  What's a great vacation without your favorite people? :)

Okay, it's almost 1 a.m. so it's time to get my hiney to bed.  Happy June, folks...and for most of you, happy SUMMER!!! :)


~Kelly :)

5 comments:

  1. Post it notes! I am the post it note queen! I'm also writing to do lists throughout the day. If I lose a note, I go crazy just trying to find it! I think I may have to figure out a better way...maybe some sort of notebook.

    The Will Smith song reference brings back some wonderful summertime memories. :) Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Will Smith programmed and ready to play at 2:00 on Tuesday! That is right after early dismissal for the kids last day!
    We have so much in common!
    Oh,
    And MB will enjoy knowing that I too, am a die hard Vice fan. Don
    Johnson was a first crush for me!
    PS: its 3:15 am and I am still, still awake!
    Xoxoxo,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy start to your summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been singing Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff since the minute my kiddos stepped out the door on the last day!!!!

    YAY for Summer!

    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute Blog!!! I found you through Head Over Heels link! I'm your newest follower!!!

    24/7 Teacher Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)