Sunday, May 19, 2013

That's How I Roll.... Dice Games FREEBIE for End of Year

9 more days, friends...I only have 9  more days!
Yes, you are going to have to put up with my daily countdown. It's the only way I keep sane :)

So, with the end of the year rapidly approaching, I've been trying to get together my end of year gifts. I already blogged about my beach buckets, but I always like to put something in there to go with the stuff parents send it.  (You can see that original post <HERE>). Basically, I buy each kid a beach bucket & then ask parents to send in "summery" items to fill them. Things like water balls, dive sticks, sunglasses, jump ropes, etc...

But, I have been trying to figure out something educational to go in there, too!

Enter Target...ahh....Target and your Dollar Spot..how I love thee! :)

MB and I were running errands, and of course, we had to go to Target. ( I swear there's a magnetic force field that just draws me to it!).

There, I found these...
They're dice....AND erasers all in one! :)
I remembered seeing something on Pinterest from Melissa at Today in First Grade & I just had to buy them. Well, MB bought them. They are his gift to the kiddos for the end of the year. So Sweet.


Anyway, I typed up some toppers to put on each little package & stapled them on...
I used different colored cardstock to save on my color ink & easy peasy, done!
I also made up a list of suggested dice games that the kids can play with these.
 
You can click on the pictures to grab the toppers & game suggestions for FREE. :)

I think they turned out pretty cute & they are a fun and educational little prize for the end of the year. Yes, I am fully aware that a lot of them will just use them as erasers, but even if ONE kid chooses to play some games to help him or her with math, it's a winner! Plus, they may have some other dice at home that they can play with. Yay!

*Update: I just met a new bloggy friend... Jessica at Joy in the Journey
Her blog is SUPER cute, and she hosts a linky every Thursday called "Tricks of the Trade".


This week, it's all about End of the Year gifts, so I wanted to link up here.  
Head on over & check it out!! :)
 
Now, it's time to get ready for AWARDS...
   Every year, after the school-wide award assemblies, I do Candy Bar awards in my room. I'm sure you've seen them, but each kid is awarded a candy bar based on their own little personalities. For example:

   Milky Way - for the kids that's "out of this world". (Head in the clouds, maybe?)
   M& M's - for being "magnificent and marvelous"
  Snickers - for always being full of laughter and making us "snicker".
   Junior Mints - for the child "Mint" for greatness
  3 Musketeers - for the child who is always a leader amongst friends

 You get the point. I have 21 different ones, and I type up the certificates & attach the candy for each kiddie.  I've already got the candy, so now it's time to get it all together...
I try not to give out TOO much candy throughout the year (a skittle here, a skittle there), but it's the end of the year, why not?!?!

What do YOU do for end of the year gifts and awards?? I'd love to hear about it !

Also, if you haven't seen it, I have a "Splashing Through Summer" Packet up on TpT that covers almost ALL of the Common Core Standards. It's divided up by day, and will get your kids ready for 2nd grade! Head on over to my TpT to check it out: :)



As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a happy Sunday...and Monday, too! :)

7 comments:

  1. What cute erasers! Thanks for sharing your freebie! I just might have to borrow it! I will help you count down, because we have the same amount of days left!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the erasers and your beach bucket gifts! The candy awards are awesome too and I have never seen that. Would love your list so I can do that for my kids too! I have 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dice erasers are too cute! I love the gift idea :)
    I host a Thursday link and this past week's topic was End of the Year Gifts. Great minds think alike! :) Tricks of the Trade: End of the Year Gifts

    I do candy awards too! My kids LOVE them :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those dice erasers!! I hope my Target gets them in!! Thanks for the freebie!! This will be my first year doing the Candy Bar Awards!! I have 8 1/2 days left!! So I will be counting down with you!
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear I always miss out on the great Target finds! This one is too cute my friend!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dice erasers and the candy bar awards! Thanks for linking up!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my WORD!
    Who doesn't LOVE some DICE action!!??
    So excited to squeeze this in for the kids before they go!
    Thank you so much my dear!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)