Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Bucket List

Oh, I'm ready to kick the bucket...the summer bucket, that is.

3 more days, peeps...3 more...and thank you for putting up with my incessant counting down :)

The thoughts of EVERYthing I need to do are actually keeping me awake at night. I'm having dreams of room rearrangement, file folders, crafts, and cleaning... and summer isn't even here yet!

Oh, and apparently I talk in my sleep. Huh... you learn something new every day :)

Anyway, it's time to link up with these fantastic bloggers for the Summer Bucket List linky!

 1...  ORGANIZE!
   I fashion myself a pretty organized person.. at school, at least. My heart flutters when I see any kind of container, bucket, bin, organizer, you name it.  In the last couple of years... thanks to ALL these amazing bloggers and Pinterest, I have really stepped up the organization.  But.

  Yep, there's always a but.  And here's mine...

File drawers FULL of stuff... 
Oh yes, all the files are in alphabetical order (my one valiant move toward organizing these things), but every file is SO stuffed full, I can barely shut the drawers.

So, bucket list #1??  Take ALL these files home & CULL OUT all the non-essentials.  I mean, who needs 9 copies of one noun worksheet in a file folder??  And 12 patterns for a mouse? One will do... One will do (my new mantra!).  Yep, I'm going to tackle this one head on, but the thought of lugging all this home makes my back hurt just thinking about it! :)

I'd love to go digital, but I don't think I'm ready for that... just yet. I still read paper books... baby steps, baby steps.

2...  Fun Stuff
    I absolutely LOVE projects, and here's my latest one...

Found this beauty at the thrift store this weekend for $30 !!!  Yay.  I don't know if you can tell, but it's solid wood, and I'm sure she's gonna be a stunner! And the drawer isn't missing, just out when I took the picture. In my dreamy mind,  I'm hoping for something KINDa like this...
Minus the flowers on top, but you get the idea.  I LOVE vintage, and I LOVE projects, so summer, here I come! :)

3... Grad school
    Not the most exciting list item, but it has to be done. Two classes.. School Law & Data Analysis/School Improvement.  Yeah, I know you're jealous. It's ok. I understand. :/

4..  Vacation!!
     I've only been back from the beach for 3 weeks, and I'm already counting the days until I head back. I will spare you yet another countdown, but I'm ready. We have 8 days and nights planned and paid for, and one of my best friends & her husband are going to join us for the last half. So much fun to be had!

Truly, I'd go to the beach anytime...tonight if someone was willing! :) Anyone???

5... Family & Friends
    Just ready to chill out & enjoy time with the people I love the most :) Simple as that. This really should be #1, but save the best for last, right?!

Can't wait to read all about YOUR bucket list... Come on, you know your list is as long as your arm. You're a teacher, that's your (our) thing! :)

Head on over & link up!

Oh, and before I leave, a little teacher love....

As always, thanks for stopping by...


  1. I just started following your blog...and you are cracking me up! In a good way...like I am so glad someone else feels like me way. I am going INSANE with everything I have to do in the next 7 days and my summer list will take me 150 years to complete!
    Two Friends In First

  2. Ugh...I thought I was the only one who couldn't sleep b/c of "organizational dreams". LOL I still have until June 7th with the kiddos but you are right...soooo much to do (if I could get past that ridiculous amount of paperwork first).

    Just got back from the beach...could go again now...I'm up for it! :)
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

  3. Sounds like you've got a jam-packed summer like me! Good luck on your projects and all that fun stuff!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Happily Teaching

  4. Kelly,
    I love your bucket list! Your new piece of furniture is going to look gorgeous when you get done with it! Can't wait to see the final masterpiece! And your organization is much like mine. I put everything into gallon size zip loc bags and store it in file cabinets.... Just wait. I will take some pics of my workroom and you can tell me if I am crazy or just your average first grade horder.

  5. Great ideas. I thrift shopping,but I'm always alone on that trip:) Hopefully, I will find a few thrift shopping and project friends. Anyway, have a great summer and keep us posted on your projects for the summer!

    @ Julie...you are not crazy! I just did the same thing. I put everything from scissors, glue, crayons, stickers, pencils, tablets,calendar pieces and whatever else that could fit in zip loc bags...lol

  6. I am so with you on the organization! I purged some of my folders a while back. Still have many more to go! I can't wait to see the finished dresser. My brother's girlfriend is looking for one to " makeover." Don't you just love the trouble Pinterest gets us in!!! The beach sounds fabulous right about now!


  7. SO on the same page with you...I've been teaching 2 years and my files are already busting at the seams. I actually am starting my organizing early...yes I brought some home with me tonight. Yuck! Hope your last 3 days are great!!!

    For the Love of First Grade

  8. Love, love, love that dresser!! Once you get done with yours can I find one to send to you?!?! :)

    Surviving the Little People

  9. I am so impressed you showed pictures of your file cabinet. Mine needs so so much attention I woun't even photograph it!! Glad I popped over from the linky. I love your blog name!
    A Burst of First

  10. I need to organize a few things and go on vacation as well! I am having a “Tour My Blog” linky party...stop by and link up! It is a great way for bloggers and their viewers to learn about your blog! I would love for you to join me!

    Bits of First Grade


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)