Saturday, May 11, 2013

Five for Friday...errr, Saturday

I'm a day late, and pretty much a dollar short, but it's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday...or Saturday, in my case...

Here's the 5 random things from my week :)

1 - The beach.. That's where my week started & where I wish I still was.  Nothing better than your hiney in the sand, sun on your face, and a drink in your hand.  Love love love. And ready to go back!
2 -  Field Day
  This week was the Kindergarten/1st Grade Field Day. It's an all day event with everything from an obstacle course to Tug-O-War to a Water Gauntlet where the kids get doused with water.  The afternoon is a "breather" for teachers because the kids go through stations that are chaperoned by volunteers and 5th graders, and we get to see in the shade and relax ! :)
3 - Teacher Appreciation Week
     Part of the reason I love teaching first grade is the sweetness.  Six year olds are so sweet, and they LOVE their teachers. I got a barrette (it was her favorite so she wanted me to have it), a pack of gum with one piece left (she saved it for me), and a Little Debbie from a guy's lunchbox (he said I taught him it was nice to share). I also got some gift cards, flowers and awesome presents, but those little trinkets always touch your heart.  And they're just so proud of themselves. Warms my heart.  Here are some of my beautiful flowers, though...
4 - Birthday
  Teacher Appreciation always falls on my birthday week, and it's just DOUBLE the wonderfulness!  MB and I went to a super fun concert to see our favorite band. It was on Thursday night, so Friday morning was a huge reminder of how old I am.  :)  We got home at 2:30 A.M! Ugh.  Glad I got to sleep in this morning! :)
But, check this out... 
How did Google know it was my birthday????  When I got on the computer Thursday afternoon, this was my Google screen. When you hovered over the image, it said "Happy Birthday".  Cool? Absolutely!  Creepy? Just a little bit!  :)   But, it was a great birthday... and I got more flowers...which I LOVE!
5)  Summer Pack...
    This is what I have been working on..  A Summer Learning Pack! I'm always amazed at how much kids lose over the summer. Plus, I always have parents that want something to keep their kids learning & practicing over the summer. So, I have been working on a pack to review ALL the first grade Common Core standards for my kiddos.  This is just a preview. I hope to have it finished soon, so you can grab it & send it home for your kids, too :)

It's sequenced in the way we teach throughout the year, so the content builds on itself. Plus, every 10th day will have a reading comprehension passage & some math review.  I also want to include a reading log, website suggestions, and a parent note. :) I hope to have it finished soon & up on TpT.

So, that's it for me folks.  Time to get ready to take my sweet momma out for Mother's Day dinner! I hope you all had a wonderful week...and are having an even better weekend! :)




7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday this week. Yeh that is kinda creepy with the google thing! :)
    Love your little gifts from your kiddos!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. That packet looks amazing!

    21 days until I leave for the beach and I'm excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are just beautiful! Happy Birthday! Hope it was fun!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading, I wanted to click the "Like" button :) Sitting in the shade on field day...what a treat! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So nice of google to notice, right? :)
    ~Christy
    Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your summer pack looks like it will be GREAT!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy late birthday!! Sounds like it was a great one. We had field day on Friday...it was rainy and inside...talk about overwhelming!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for a beach getaway... I leave for the beach in 12 days (not that I'm counting!!!)... Fripp Island here I come! Hope your last few days of school go by super fast! After hearing Angie sing your praises at work... I kinda feel like I know you in person! :)
    Stacy
    Funky Fresh Firsties

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)