Thursday, May 2, 2013

CURRENTLY... I'm going crazy!

So, right now, I feel like I'm going crazy.  The month of May is just so jam-packed & there just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done! But, instead of crawling under my desk and rocking in the fetal position, I'm trying to trudge through the craziness and link up with Farley & my Currently! :)

  Yep, I'm a complete sucker for Dr. Phil.  I watch it every afternoon, along with Ellen, when I get home from school  (when I get home in time). I think I'm just in awe of other people 's lives, which probably just means I'm nosey, but I do love it. Great background to whatever needs to be done in the afternoon. Plus, let's be honest, it makes me feel better about myself sometimes. haha.  Isn't that awful?!  I don't mean it in that bad of a way, but there ARE some odd folks out there!

   That I am headed to the beach in less than 24 hours!!!  Woo hoo! Every year, my two best girlfriends & I head to the beach for 4 days of laughter, good times, some sunshine, and our toes in the sand.  I have been friends with both of them since I was 12 years old & they are truly my besties. You know those people in your life that just "get" you? The ones that can make you laugh about anything, and make all the bad a little bit better? Yep, that's them. I can't wait.  Plus, it's the beach, people.... I think I could be happy at the beach anytime and with JUST about anyone. A huge bonus that I love these girls to pieces :)
Oh, and while I'm posting pictures... I have to share this one with you... please tell me it makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck too..or gives you that little eye twitch that us teachers often have...
Yeah, this was in the beach house we stayed in last summer...Eeekk!

   that I will be another year older next week.  I love birthdays, I truly do. I'm a firm believer that everyone's birthday is like their own personal holiday.. you know, like "Kelly Day" or something like that.  But, they just keep come faster and faster...and faster!  :)  I saw this parody video the other day, and I laughed so hard it brought me to tears. Seriously.  If you have heard Taylor Swift's song "22", and are NOT 22, you need to watch this... hilarity!
I'm not going to be 32...more like 36, but it's still too funny not to share :)

    New summer clothes....always.  I have a bit of a shopping problem, but I am also in the mood for new clothes when a new season rolls around. Oh, and I'd love some perfect abs and booty to go with them, please. :)

    A clone.  I know I've already said it, but May is Craaaa....zeeee! So many much much paperwork.... and just so much to get done. If I had a clone (or seven), I MIGHT get finished by the last day of school (which is 20 short days away friends...20... I can do this!)

Summer Bucket List...
   1) Clean Out/Organize Files - I have a bad habit of cramming putting all my "extras" into files throughout the year. It keeps me organized & I love that part, but honestly, who needs 7 of the same noun worksheet in one file? My goal is to clean them out and streamline...ahh...just the thought of it makes me happy.

  2)  Going back to grad school...  Ugh.
     I know I've signed up for it, so I can't really complain. I finished my Ed.S two summers ago & now I'm headed back to get an add-on certificate that will take about 14 months. I'm excited about the "END", but not all the coursework.  Sounding a wee bit lazy today, sorry :)

  3) Relax & Love
       I want to actually relax...not the kind of relax that takes place from 3-5 on a Saturday afternoon, but the real relax. You know the kind I'm talking about.  And I want to just spend time with the people I love.  Life is truly TOO short to not make time for those that mean the most, so that's at the top of my agenda for sure! :)

Okay, that's it for me, friends. Can't wait to read your Currently!!! :) Head on over & link up!

Also, I have some great guest bloggers on here while I'm out of town, so I hope you swing back by & check them out! :)


  1. Hi Kelly!
    I am your newest follower, via Farley :)! I love your page; so very cute! I am sending calming and relaxing thoughts your way and mine :)!


  2. Hi Kelly,
    Found your blog through Farley! I'm so jealous that you're heading to the beach! I hope you have a great time :) I'm starting grad school in the fall myself and just feeling like my schooling will never end haha. That video is hilarious - thanks for sharing!

    The Organized Señorita

  3. I'm so jealous you're going to the beach! Thanks for checking out my blog too!

    Ms. Cranfill's Class

  4. I want to go to the beach with all my friends! Have fun! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

  5. Hope the craziness settles soon! Hugs and love!

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

  6. Love your true about May craziness! We get so excited for May but forget about how everything gets so busy! You've got an idea with that clone....

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

  7. I hope to really relax this summer too. At least you are getting a jump start with it this weekend! Hope you have lots of fun!


  8. Enjoy your weekend away. Sounds like it going to be a time of Fun & Relaxing. :)

  9. I am with you on needing a clone right now! I keep looking for a week when my schedule will be less than packed and I still haven't found it. I hope you enjoy your beach trip and get some rest! Thanks for the video - it is hilarious!
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

  10. I am so jealous of your beach weekend! I want to be on the beach right now, book and cold drink in hand! Hope you had fun.

    Found your blog through Currently and I am your newest follower. Would love for you to head over and check out my blog!

    If You Give a Teacher a Treat


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)