Monday, May 13, 2013

Beach Buckets & Summer Learning FLASH FREEBIE !!

The countdown is officially on... we have 13 more school days, and only one more Monday. Woo hoo!! I keep reading about those of you that get out this Friday & I am SUPER jealous. But, truth be told, I'm just not ready to say goodbye.  With my beach trip, Instructional Planning meetings, Field Day & Leadership Retreats, I have not been with my children for a whole day in over a week. Eeeekk!!  I'm ready to get back with my kiddies & spend our last few days together before summer arrives.  Oh, but now I have to do AIMSweb testing. Ugh.... the end of the year is just so hectic!!!

Anyway, I have been working on getting my end of the year beach buckets together. Instead of an End of the Year party, we have a Fun Day. This keeps our parking lot less crowded, and gives kids time to just enjoy the last day. (Plus, the clean up is A LOT easier!!!)  Each year, I buy every kid a beach bucket from the Dollar Tree & then ask parents to send it items to fill them...things like water balls, bubbles, sunglasses, stickers, dive sticks, water bottles, etc....  I also put a book in each bucket to promote some summer reading.

If you would like the end of the year Beach Bucket letter, just click the picture to grab it for FREE :)
The kids always love this little "token" of love & it's a fun and easy way to send them off with a smile.

I also send them home with an end of the year Summer Packet. This year, I have made a "Splashing Through Summer" Common Core packet that includes almost ALL the Common Core Standards to bridge the gap from 1st to 2nd.  There are 61 total pages... 50 daily pages with each 10th day including a reading comprehension page with fiction & nonfiction stories and math review.  There is also a parent letter AND two summer reading logs.  It's HUGE and will really help sweet first graders blossom into READY second graders :) 


I'm so in love with this new product, so I'd love to give this away for 30 minutes....starting NOW!!!  Just click the top picture to head to TpT & grab it. Please leave some feedback if you download. THANK YOU!!! :)

After that, if you choose to buy it, email me that you did & you can pick any other product from my store for FREE :)

Thanks so much for stopping by & I hope you had an awesome Monday.  Stay Calm & Teach On, as they say...summer is right over the hill ! :)


  1. You are a doll! Thanks for sharing! AIMS web?! Ugh!!! Just finished mine for the year!

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

  2. Love the idea of parents sending things in to fill the buckets!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

  3. I honestly LOVE the bucket cute! Do you ask each parent to send a class set so that each kid gets one of everything? This would be a huge hit and very successful in our community. Oh, and btw...your summer product looks fantabulous!

    For the Love of First Grade

  4. I love this idea. I've seen them but I was worried about the cost racking up but asking for some items from the parents really makes this doable. I think I even saw little buckets in the Dollar Spot at Target!!

    You Might Be a First Grader….

  5. Don't know what time zone you're's 9:24 p.m. here.
    Love to win!

  6. Your summer packet is wonderful!!!! Thanks so much.


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)