Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Yummy & Mother's Day Writing

It's Sunday & I can't believe how fast the weekend is flying by. There's a lot of truth in wishing there was just one extra day between Saturday and Sunday. Today it's all about lesson planning and test prep, but I wanted to share a YUMMY with you, even if it's not school related,...and a little Mother's Day writing pack before I glued myself to my desk chair...

So, I am not a cook... I LOVE to bake, but I am not a cook.
However, I do spend hours pinning yummy recipes to my Pinterest boards. Now, I have tried some things, but it's usually MB that ends up making the fabulous dinners and such, and I just get to enjoy them. I know it's not fair to him, but seriously, friends, you don't want to eat what I cook.

But, I can bake.  Not like Paula Deen or anything, but I'm usually not too ashamed of the baked goods from my kitchen. (Compared to my chicken skills, this is success!)

So, I found this most AMAZING recipe and just had to try it.

Boy, am I glad that I did!  They're "Slutty Brownies"... yep, that's the name.  Don't stop reading here...you'll regret it :) haha
You'll need 
* A bag/box of chocolate chip cookie dough OR you can use the refrigerated rolled dough.
* A pack of Oreo cookies
* Your favorite Brownie Mix
   Go with the "family size" packs for the 9 x 13 backing pan, or if you want to make a smaller version, just get the regular boxes or bags.
 
Okay, so you take a 9X13 baking pan.
Coat the pan with butter or heavy duty cooking spray (whatever you can do to keep these bad boys from sticking!)
Line the bottom of the pan with chocolate chip cookie dough.


Then, layer oreo cookies on top of the dough.


Then, pour brownie mix all over the top.
 Yep, that's MB pouring the batter... he's the best!

Bake @350 for 30 minutes. (Check them to make sure they don't burn OR to see that they're done all the way through).  Dirty oven. Don't judge.


 That's it. YUMMO!!!  

 We took them to a friend's shindig last night & they were a huge success!! I can't eat ice cream, but some folks warmed them up, and put a scoop on vanilla on top. Decadent, I tell you!  Mind you they are rich, rich, rich, so a little goes a long way, BUT, they are easy peasy & you'll be famous! :)

 I found the recipe at What's Gaby Cooking but it required you to make the cookie dough & brownie mix from scratch and "Ain't Nobody Got Time for That"....

 So, I then found them at The Londoner...and she made me feel better about being lazy & using pre-packaged ingredients.  *Just a note, she lives in London (hence the name) so her recipe reads a little differently than those for us in the US.  Oh, and over there, it's UNHEARD of to get a pack of 40 oreos..can you imagine?? 

 Anyway, if you are looking for something simply & super tasty...this is your ticket! :) And if you don't like "SLUTTY Brownies... I'm sure creative license is okay here... haha

 Okay, onto Topic #2 - Mother's Day! :)
I'm trying to get things prepared for this week and next so we can get some Mother's Day activities done before I leave, and stuff to do with the sub (yep, I"m ready for the BEACH!).

Each year, we write about "Why Our Mom Should Win Mom of the Year", so I wanted to share my mini packet with you.  The kids love it, the mommies love it, and it's a great way to practice persuasive writing and meet that Common Core Standard.





 The graphic organizers help guide the students through the writing process, and gives them the structure to help with writing.  There is also a sheet for illustrating the "Best Mom". The kids then write their final draft (in their best handwriting, of course), or we also type them up on the computer to meet that Common Core Standard, as well.

 Using the computer in my room is difficult since I only have 2 that work but it's great practice.  Hope you like it. The pack is FREE until 11:00 Eastern tonight :) Then, it's still super cheap...  Click the TOP picture or <HERE> to grab it :)

  Now, go make those brownies... seriously... I could eat my weight in them. Mind you, I'd be sick as a dog, but oh-so-delicious.

  Hope you've had an awesome weekend & you're refreshed for a brand new week. Our BIG test starts Tuesday, so all happy thoughts, prayers, and good mojo is appreciated.

 As always, thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Sweet brown would agree... ain't nobody got time for that... whether they are made from scratch or not, those cookie/oreo/brownies things look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly,
    Your stuff is so great! I'm still working my way through Mind Your Manners and loving it. Just wondering if you're still sending home that weekly homework or if the kiddos have a break because of testing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those and was curious if you'd be posting any more. :)

    Thanks!
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried your brownies and renamed them Lethal Layered Brownies. Oh m-m-m-m-y how good they are!! I didn't have enough Oreos to fill the pan, so I spaced them out and put caramels in the empty spaces. Also I tossed in some pecan pieces in the brownie mix. Next time I'm going to try it with mint Oreos.

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)