Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stranded on a Desert Island, Linky, & a Fun FREEBIE!

Well, it's officially Spring Break 'round these parts & I have already checked off so many things on my never-ending To-Do list. Yay for productive!

ALL the laundry (minus what I'm wearing, of course) is clean & folded...sheets & towels are done...flower garden is beautiful again...lawn is mowed...& some fun decorating projects are finally completed.  Whoo hoo! Now if I can just keep this momentum for the rest of the week..hee hee

Anyway, it's Sunday night & am linking up again with Latoya at Flying Into First Grade!

This weeks' topic is ... Stranded on a Desert Island? What 3 items would you have to have with you?

Ummmm.... I could go all practical here and say water, a swiss army knife, & food, but that would just be boring.  So, I'm going with some others, and probably a list of what I couldn't live without on a daily basis!

1) Hair Ties
   I just can't live without them... or wouldn't WANT to. I get home from work (and sometimes before that) & the first thing I do is put my hair up. Then, it's yoga pants & a t-shirt.  My best friend stays fully dressed from the time she gets up ' til bedtime & I am the complete opposite. I love my comfy clothes and getting all this hair up out of my face :) And yes, I would want THIS many with me !

2)  Chapstick
     I am obsessed with chapstick...specifically, Burt's Bees chapstick. There's a theory out there that says the more you use it, the more you HAVE to use it, and maybe that's true, because I can't seem to go long without it.  I seriously buy them all the time because I can NEVER find one when I need it.  I have one in my purse, in my desk, beside my bed, in the bathroom... and it's like they all meet up at a secret spot when I'm looking for one because they simply DISAPPEAR!
Ain't it the truth??  :)

3)  My purse. Yeah, that's probably technically cheating, but it has everything (maybe?) else I might need... my Kindle  (which is why it's so heavy!), medicine (to keep me from dying before I'm rescued), pens (to write down my adventures), my camera (another reason I will probably end up at a back doctor from the weight of my purse), lotion (come on, it's a DESERT!), and some snacks :) Yes, I know there's no where to charge anything, but a girl can dream right?!

Oh, and I have to add one  more (cheater, cheater, I know!)
I mean, I'd definitely want a friend and someone to talk to, right?!  And who's better than Wilson??  WILSOONNNNN!!!  Cry every time...every single time!

I would love for family & friends to be with me, but I'm hoping they're on the search for me! So, what would you take??  Hop on over to Latoya's blog & link up! Just click the picture above & it'll take you right there :)

Last, but not least, since I don't have a weekly homework freebie to offer tonight, I wanted to share my Dog Days Short & Long Vowel Sort...

 Just click the picture to grab it from my TpT store for FREE! My firsties are STILL working on long vs. short vowel, so any extra practice is always welcome...and needed. And Dog Days??  That's kinda what the last few weeks until summer feels like. :) I hope you can use it in your room, too!

Happy Sunday, folks...
   and Happy Spring Break to my fellow GA teachers..
      and Happy Good Vibes to all those heading back to school tomorrow.  It's almost summer, 
  can do this! 

 As always, thanks for stopping by! Y'all are simply the best! I'm getting close to 400 Followers & planning another giveaway. I need your opinions, though... do you like gift cards as prizes or packs from fellow bloggers and TpTers better??  Just thought I'd ask! :)


  1. You have answered my homework prayers for this week :) My munchkins are still practicing long and short vowels as well. Thank you!

    Primary Buzz

  2. Yes!! Spring Break for me too!! Yippee!!! I'm totally with you on yoga pants and a t-shirt when I get home. Sometimes, that's what prevents me from going out for dinner because "I already changed..." LOL
    ideas by jivey

  3. Kelly,
    Thank you for sharing and a double thank you for the freebie. I teach second grade so this will be a perfect review at the beginning of the year. I'll file this little gem away for the perfect day.
    (Sorry, I don't know how to make this a clickable link yet. Any pointers?)

  4. I'd nearly forgotten about Wilson! Who knew we were all so obsessed with chapstick? Ha! Happy spring break to you!
    Funky First Grade Fun

  5. Love your chapstick pic!!!! I also said that I would have to have chapstick with me if I was deserted. I put it in my post too....ha! :)

    I am your newest follower!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

  6. Your first two days if spring break was ten times more productive than my entire week! Tshirts and yoga pants are my uniform when I am anywhere but school!

  7. Chapstick....Darn. I forgot that one. I LOVE that you included wild Wilson!!! Gotta have someone to talk to!
    Wait until you read mine... I think mine was a bit on the selfish side!
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

  8. Hair ties would be a definite with me too! I would have completely forgotten about it but then been so upset because I need my hair pulled back to sleep!


  9. oh my! I just realized I killed myself off after reading your post as I did not pack my medications. I love your blog!! Its so cute!

    Think, Wonder, & Teach


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)