Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Made it - Spring Break Edition

I'll be honest, there hasn't been a lot of making for the classroom lately, unless you include MAKING lesson plans, MAKING centers, MAKING assessments, and MAKING it to spring break :)

All of those things have taken up a lot of my time, so the cutesy things really haven't come to the forefront of my Things To Do List.  But it's time for Monday Made it with 4th Grade Frolics, and I just love linking up, soooo...

  I DID make tattle sticks (sorry, no pictures... I was ready to ROLL on Friday at 3:00!)

#1 You take those cute sticks shaped like people & decorate them as you wish.
I then wrote "Tattle Stick" on each of them. I made 5.

I put magnets on the back of them & stuck them to the board in the front of the room

When a kid tattles (we've been working on tattling VS. telling), they have to take down a stick.  When there are none left, they have to write their tattle down and put it in the Tattle Tom box. 

But, if there are sticks left, the kids earn a warm fuzzy (pom pom) to put in the jar for giving the teacher "Warm Fuzzies" for good behavior.  When the jar fills up, we earn a popcorn or popsicle party at recess :)
This is NOT my jar. I got the image from Katrina at A Love for Teaching.
 My jar came from Ikea, and is a little smaller. I love her label though..too cute!

It's working so far, folks... my kid are very "Fear the Tattle Stick" right now!

I've also done several projects  or "made its" for the home, though... I am in redecorating mode for sure!
I'm pretty sure, by now, y'all have figured out that I LOVE Pinterest.. Well, lately, it's all about some upcycling of old stuff, and that French country look.

I've redone my bathroom, and made this. I'm in L.O.V.E!
It's an old window from the house I grew up in (which makes it ALL the more special). I painted and slightly distressed it (needs more, I see that now), and added my wooden monogram to the front. I got the monogram from Etsy. The shop is Scrappin' Plus   & they make the BEST monograms, of ALL sizes. I bought 5 for gifts & they are just perfect. I've seen some that are really flimsy & these are not. Yay. 

Makes me happy!

I also made this out of a an old cabinet door I found at a salvage place...
Another one that needs a little distressing AND I could work on the handwriting, but it works :)

Lastly, I have a mild obsession with cotton & cotton fields. Seriously, they are one of my most favorite things, and a great part of living the south. In the fall, they are just beautiful. Anyway, I didn't really MAKE this, but I did get a giant Mason Jar for Christmas & finally figured out a great way to put it to use...
Cotton!!  MB lives waaaayyy out in the country & he picked some for me. Such a sweetie. So, I decided it would be super cute on the mantle. :) Yay!

So, that's it for me today. It's time to get some shopping done & head to my parents house for a visit. I love spring break...

Head on over & link up. I can't wait to see what YOU made! :)


  1. For someone who doesn't have any time for crafts you sure have gotten a lot done! And I CERTAINLY count making lessons, activities and plans as making something! Love the tattle stick idea- it's a big issue for my class right after lunch every day!

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

  2. I love the window and the sign and the cotton Kelly! They are all stunning! I love "raw" cotton too and never thought to put some in a pretty mason jar! Too bad I live in the Northeast and so far from cotton fields! LOL! It always makes me laugh when I see how similar our initials are (mine are KJW)! Thanks for sharing that Etsy shop...I'm going to check it out for sure! :o)

    A is for Apple B is for Blog

  3. I love your home projects! I need to spend some time making projects for my house! I used to teach next to a kindergarten teacher who would say to her tattlers, "Are you telling me to get someone in trouble or out of trouble?" It seems so simple, but it worked! I guess it made them realize they were tattling.
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

  4. You made a ton of stuff! I LOVE the tattle sticks- I'm gonna keep that in mind for next year! :)
    Enjoy your break!

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)