Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday, Freebie Friday, and Balancing Equations....

I'm sure you've all figured out by now that I am a wee bit wordy...
   as in "Kelly, please write a paper between 400-600 words", and mine was always 599, after trimming, cutting, and trimming some more.

That being said, I admit I have a problem, but I am going to try and keep it short today... It IS Spring Break, you know. :)

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday...
My five are kinda lame, but lame in a GOOD way!!
1 - I have been at HOME with my parents for most of the week. Nothing like coming home to make you feel better about life. :)
Home is Alabama.... not too far away, but it just feels good to be here.
 (Don't you just love this shirt??  You can get them for any state.. very cool! Just click the picture if you want one AND proceeds go to MS research..Win! Win!)

2 - SLEEP!
Being at home, I've been able to sleep in. No alarm clock = pure bliss!
3 - Retail Therapy
   Weight Watchers is finally working its magic a little bit....errr..maybe I'M finally doing what I'm supposed to...... so I've been doing some shopping. Sadly, I have plenty of clothes in my closet that I can fit BACK into (sad because I shouldn't have grown OUT of them), so I didn't buy too much. But, there is something to be said about new digs!
4 - Crafting
 I know I posted this yesterday, but my wreath makes me happy, AND it's part of what I've done this week, so here it is again. Sorry for the repeat! :/
Today, it's sewing day.  I have a wedding to go to next weekend, and my cute little dress needs a cute little belt to brighten it up. crafty and talented mom is going to make me one.  Fingers crossed it turns out as good as I hope!

5 - Creating & Planning
  So, even though I haven't TOUCHED my teacher bag all week, I have been tweaking lesson plans and figuring out where we need the most work before our "mock"state test.  It's equations, folks... balancing them, determining true & false, matching them to word problems.. you name it. Equations are a weakness :(

After the tears and pulling out most of my hair, I took some of my new cute clip art (thanks Creative Clips!) & made this...
Two centers in ONE.  The first one is sorting true & false equations, and the second one is for sorting balanced/equal and unbalance/unequal equation matches.  

You can grab at my TpT store by clicking on the picture if you would like :)

If you're not a follower on Facebook, click to the right ---------------> and join up. I'm giving this packet away later as a FLASH FREEBIE so be on the lookout!
*IT'S FREE RIGHT NOW!  Until 7:30 Eastern time tonight... Just thought I'd share ! 

And, speaking of Freebies... it IS Freebie Friday....

So I wanted to share this with you, too... In the spirit of balanced equations, I made some simple matching cards. Just click the picture if you would like them ! :)

Ok. Done.  
Did I keep it shorter this time??  I promise I tried :)

Happy Friday, friends & as always, thanks for stopping by!!


  1. Love the shirt...Alabama is home for me, too! Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

  2. Wow, you got a lot done this week! I really, really like your balancing equations stuff!

  3. LOVE that shirt! I love going home too! I live in MN and home is WI! I LOVE Alabama though!! We have made many trips to Gulf touristy but so fun! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

  4. I hope the break makes you feel 'refreshed' heading back! I'm going to miss the sleep-ins :) I'm your newest follower

  5. Oh my goodness your blog is soo cute, I am so glad I found it and am now following along! Love the shirt too! There is nothing better than going home :)

    The Cozy Classroom

  6. Ha! I now own that shirt, but mine is Mississippi! Love it! There's nothing like home, and certainly nothing like home in The South!! Happy Weekend!
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

  7. Love your blog today! I am fortunate enough to have my parents 20 minutes away, though my in-laws are 3 hours away and we have missed them since CHRISTMAS due to one thing or another.

    I LOVE your freebies today and grabbed them up. Printing them now! HA HA

    AND I found (only 4 sadly) sandwich coaster sets at the Dollar Tree today. Thanks again for the ideas for those!

    I am now going to try to do the link that you taught me last night (thanks for responding and taking the time to help out) and hoping that it works. Here goes nothing....

    Monahan Monkey Madness

  8. Kelly - those bubbling equations unit is simply adorable!!! Very cute and creative! Glad you got some sleep time that is always important and way to rock out ww girl...keep it up.
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

  9. Love your freebies- even my second graders need those! Thanks for sharing! And I love to be home too! No matter how old you are, there's just something about being at home! : ) Have a great weekend!!!Soaring Through Second

  10. Ok--I love the shirt! I want one :) There is just always something about being at home. Oh...and the sleeping in! I don't know the last time that happened. So jealous.


    Curious Firsties

  11. I'm long-winded like that, too- I can't seem to write a short post for the life of me :) No worries- I like reading what you have to say! Thanks for a great freebie, too!

    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)