Friday, April 5, 2013

Five for Friday... FINALLY!

It's Friday, folks...F. R. I. D. A. Y. Say it with me. FRIDAY!

And, the best part? I'm FINALLY on spring break.  I thought it would never get here, but alas, I'm free for 9 whole days :) haha

Time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday...

So, here we go... five random things from my week...

1)   I've been in a cloud of allergies this week & no amount of allergy medicine is helping.  All my "m"s sound like "b"s and as much as I love spring, I think I like breathing more.  Oh, and then there's the crazy process of actually trying to buy Sudafed, the only thing that works me for.

 Apparently, drug stores need a blood sample, an arm, leg, two references, a driver's license, 3 donkeys and a direct order from the President to actually allow you to buy the stuff.  Seriously... I had to go to eight, yes EIGHT, pharmacies to get the stuff. And no, I'm not on some kind of meth watch list. :(
2)  The beach.... yay!
   Well, ALMOST the beach.  I have two trips planned, and as of today, they are both booked, paid for, and now it's down to waiting.  All these folks from work are heading there tonight or tomorrow, and sadly, I'm not. BUT, I AM going in May & July (and maybe June?) so I can't complain.  I'm so ready to go though... 
3) I was finally approved by my district to go back to school ! Yay? Maybe?  I finished my Ed.S in 2011 & now I'm going back to get an Add-on. With all the new regulations for it, I had to get district approval. So, after writing several papers, I got word that my district has my back & I'm good to go.

Now, I have to wait for the University to accept me...the paperwork to apply is craziness!! I'm drowning in it already & I haven't even started class! :)
4) Manners Tea!!
   It was the culmination of our Manners Unit & the kids had so much fun. We're only allowed two parties a year (Christmas & End of the Year), but I was able to pull this one off because we were practicing our manners, and summarizing everything we'd learned about manners. It was awesome!!
 We had "servers" (room mom & helpers), and the kids practiced their "thank you"s, "please"s & "excuse me"s.  The kids even chewed with their mouths closed, kept their elbows off the tables, and quietly...yes quietly..."socialized" with their friends. 
 Look! Napkins in lap!
Loving the Pinky Up position. This little one explained that her  momma told 
her that's how ladies drink their "tea".

5) I FINALLY got a template up for my parent handbook! 
I've had a lot of requests for a template for this. I make these at the beginning of the year & send them home at Open House & the first day of school. I also keep the extras & give them out throughout the year when I get a new student.

There's just no way to make a printable template to download, so I'm offering to make these for folks that want one.  If you're interested, or know someone who might be, you can click the picture for the link.  It's not the best picture, and no, the final one WON'T have the black lines you see.  You can see the original post about this handbook <here>.

So, that's about it for me! Time for some rest, relaxation, a little shopping, some gardening,  & cleaning this house. My bedroom looks like my closet exploded & the laundry just HAS to bed done. Not exactly a dream, 5 star, spring break, but it's exactly what I need :)

Tomorrow, my parents and MB are coming to help me plant these gorgeous hydrangeas... aren't these just plain gorgeous?? 
Yeah, that's not my house or my yard, but this Pinterest pic is what inspired me to do a little diggin' ! I just HOPE mine turn out half as pretty when they start growing. :)

Happy Friday, and Happy Spring Break to those GA teachers who are finally getting their time off. Have a great one & thanks for stopping by! :)


  1. Found you through the Five for Friday linky! Your flip book is darling and such a great idea! Hope your allergies ease up soon! :)

    Love, Live, and Teach

  2. Our spring break started a few hours ago {jazz hands} and I'm soooooo excited! Allergies made my 5 for Friday, too! Georgia pollen is like super pollen! I hate it when they ask for my license... I feel like they are secretly judging me (as I stand there looking all crazy)... hope you have a great break! I have already paid for our week at Fripp Island and have the countdown app on my phone to help keep me focused (eyes on the prize!)
    Funky Fresh Firsties

  3. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. The skeeball league is amazing. I highly recommend playing to everyone. I see you are from Georgia. There is a league in Atlanta, if you live near there. Otherwise you may want to try a Google search. Random leagues are popping up everywhere. Enjoy your spring break!!

    Teacher of Scholars

  4. Happy Spring Break! I hope yours is way more productive than mine was last week!

    Fun in First Grade!

  5. LOVE the manners unit; I'm sure their parents did too. What a neat way to make "parties" a learning experience too. So glad we saw this idea.
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

  6. LOVE the manners unit! How cute is that!

  7. Two parties a year and that is it?!?! Makes me sad....However, your parent flipbook is amazing!

  8. I absolutely love the flipbook! I'm from GA and totally feel your pain with the pollen right now. Alright,maybe I am missing something, but was is MB??

  9. I LOVE that idea for a parent handbook - how creative! :) I'm your newest follower!

    Mrs. D's Firsties

  10. I just found your blog and I don't know what else to say but...SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I love your parent is on my wish list!

    Ms. Shope's Class

  11. Love the parent handbook!!!! You can't get fancier than drinking with your pinky up. LOL! She was so cute!
    I am now your newest follower. Thank you for checking out my blog.
    First Grade A to Z

  12. Ok that parent handbook is awesome! I love that idea. I am your newest follower :)
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)