Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Stache"-Tastic Find & FLASH FREEBIE

Happy Hump Day!! 
I love Wednesdays. I don't really know why, but I think when I get one in the books, the rest of the week will just breeze on by.  Plus, the end of the week is when the kiddos tend to really "get" the content & it's more application than pulling teeth :) haha

So, today, I just HAVE to share this fabulous find.  The mustache craze is taking over the world right now, and I had to hop on board. I mean, how cute are they!?! Love.

Anyway, I was at Party City this weekend & found this GIANT mustache magnet that I had to have...

I needed something to SPICE up my EQ/Standards board & this was the perfect solution The kids went nuts over " I <mustache> You a Question".... which is awesome since we are really trying to work on language of the standards and using our EQ's to summarize lessons.

I want to Cricut some letters for the board, but this is what we're working with right now...

We also made mustache sticks that the kids keep in their desks. When we summarize a lesson, I like using the WBT model of "turn and share" (not sure what it's called), where the kids turn to a neighbor/partner and ask them our EQ. They then take turns and the other child asks the question. 

So, now we use the mustache sticks for asking the questions. It really get the kids involved !! I'm one happy teacher :)

And, the best part??  This awesome 'stache was only FIVE DOLLARS!!  Woo hoo! :)

So, in honor of mustaches, I've created my newest TpT product - "Synonym 'Stache Bash!"

There are 20 different sets of synonyms - in color AND in black and white so you can just print what you need - PLUS a workmat & 2 recording sheets. 

Right now, there is an extra workmat (the man you see in the picture above) that is St. Patrick's Day themed :)

I don't know about you, but teaching synonyms is always a bit of challenge.  While it's not explicitly stated in our Common Core standards, my team and I think that the standard about "determining shades of meaning with verbs and adjectives" includes synonyms. Plus, there's always synonyms on our district tests...and I'm sure they'll be on the state-wide one, too! 

So, because I LOVE some freebies, this pack is FREE tonight until 11:00 Eastern! If you download, I would love it if you would leave some feedback. Just click on the picture or the link above to grab it :)

Hope you enjoy & your kids get as big of a kick out of it as mine did... as always, thanks for stopping by!


  1. I LOVE all of the mustaches in this post! My team mate would go nuts over your giant mustache magnet! :)

    Second Grade Math Maniac
    Bear in Mind Blog Design

  2. you have totally inspired me! i was already planning on doing a mustache theme next year but never would have thought of that for essential questions! where did you find your magnet?


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)