Sunday, March 3, 2013

March CURRENTLY !!!

I'm a little late for the Currently Party this month, but it's one of my most favorite things, so I'm joining in! I look forward to this every month: ) A big thanks to Farley for keeping it up for all us bloggers!



Listening .... to the Big Bang Theory. Even on my worst days, BBT gets me through. I'm always in for a good laugh & Sheldon & the gang never lets me down. I just LOVE it.  It comes on every night & it's usually my background noise for school or house work. :) Sometimes, it's what gets me through it..haha

Loving...  that I got to see some snow this weekend.  After my rant about our snowball fight, and never getting to see any, Mother Nature shined upon me & showered me with some snowflakes.  Literally, flakes...and not enough to actually make up actual snow... but enough to give us a light dusting.  I was totally like a little kid standing outside as it fell down. For those of you up north, you might think I'm crazy...for those of you down south, you'll completely understand... :)

I am also loving my new patio furniture.  I'm completely obsessed with antiques and all things cute. I have been head over heels in LOVE with those antique metal gliders and chairs for years now.  But, they are usually SO expensive & WAY out of my price range.  Seriously, every one I've found has been upwards of a THOUSAND DOLLARS...uhh...yeah... can't do that..

But, last weekend, I got on Craigslist for the millionth time, and lady luck was on my side. A woman about an hour from here was selling her glider, and THREE..yes three...matching rockers for less than half of what everyone was selling them for. It was Sunday night, and I grabbed MB...got in the truck...and drove to pick them up immediately. I knew they wouldn't be available for long, so I just had to get them. Thanks to my refund check (I know, super irresponsible of me..oh well), I loaded my little dreams into the truck and drove away :)

See???  Love...just love.

Everything I found was covered in rust, and these little babies were just right.  I'm probably going to paint them (Summer Project??), but I'm stuck on what colors??  Help me....leave them the same or what would you do with them? :)

Thinking... I love weekends.  And they go by too fast.
I went out of town to MB's this weekend, and for a bridal shower. It was so much fun, but here I sit at almost 8 on Sunday night, and there is so much to get done for this week. 

I sincerely think we need more balance in the work week... like 4 days on, 3 days off... I'm just SURE I'd be a better teacher :) haha

Wanting... a tan.  Seriously, folks. I think you could probably see through my skin if I was to bare my legs right now.  I know, I know, tanning is bad for me. I'm well aware. But, I love it. That feeling of a little sun on your nose, and the comfort of wearing a skirt without blinding the general public is one that I just love...and want, for sure!

Needing... more hours in the day. Am I right or am I right?  'Nuff said. This picture pretty much sums it up for me today..
Yep....  blanket fort. Ahh... how I miss those?!


Like... KARMA!
    I'm a big believer in "what goes around comes around'. and in that, I like karma. I just love seeing good people get good things in life... and as bad as it sounds, I'll admit to secretly liking it when some people get what's coming to 'em.  

Love... KIDS!
     THEY are the reason I get up & go to work everyday. It's certainly not the paperwork...or the long list of acronym filled meetings and stuff... it's the kids. I love them. First grade is where my heart is, and it's those sweet faces of those amazing children that make all the other crud worth it :)

Hate... Klutzy Moments
    Hey, give me a break... try coming up with three words that start with a K! haha.  I'm just clumsy. There I said it.  I must have been in the bathroom when the Good Lord passed out grace.  Seriously, my best friends actually call me "gracie" because of my lack of coordination.

   I'm in awe of those that seamlessly cross a room with 6 inch heels on, and dancers that never miss a step. I look like I'm having a seizure when I try Zumba or those dance DVDs.  Mind you, I love heels..and I love to dance, and my klutziness has never stopped me from busting a move, but honestly, I'm sad for those people who have to see it...and for those minutes they'll never get back. haha :)
So, that's it for me, peeps. I hope you've had the BEST weekend & this week is even better!! 
As always, thanks for stopping by!!!

Don't forget to head over to Farley's & link up !!

6 comments:

  1. Kelly, love your Currently! I'm ready for a tan as well! Love your three "K's"! Head over to my blog and read my three "k's" too! Karma is a great one! I secretly like it when people get what comes around to them as well, especially those "know it all's" I wrote about!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Big Bang Theory! I'll send you some snow from RI, I can't wait to get rid of it!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your furniture is ADORABLE! I have some snow that I could share. Better yet, come visit me in Michigan and I'll take you snow tubing. :) I love snow, but I'm done with winter at this point.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the furniture! And I also have some snow to share. I need the tan too. Cute blog. I'm your newest follower. I found you through Currently.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patio furniture! Also, I love the adult meme. Fantastic. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knock knock knock, Kelly. Knock knock knock, Kelly. Knock knock knock, Kelly. Bahahaha! Love me some BBT! I love the furniture. If you paint it, aqua would be pretty. I think it is cute and antique-y the way it is though:)

    Thanks for the follow. I am with you on a 3/4 work week... or maybe 4/3!
    Brandi
    My Teacher Friend

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)