Sunday, March 31, 2013


April showers bring...
   this month's CURRENTLY!!

I say it every time, but I look forward to & LOVE doing these every month. It's just so much fun! A big THANK YOU to Farley for always hosting this!

Listening... to the sound of those April showers. We have had so much rain in Georgia, and I am ready for some OUTSIDE recess, but I do love the rain. Especially when it's bedtime! I've always wanted a tin roof so I can just fall asleep to the sound of it.  Plus, those April showers mean spring is FINALLY on its way :)

Loving... that we have only one more week 'til Spring Break. I really wish it was this week since Easter was today, and it only makes sense to me, but I am just happy it's almost here! There's something to be said about knowing we only have 7 weeks of school left after Spring Break...even if it DOES bring on a bit of a panic attack!

Thinking.... about the beach.  Growing up in Alabama, most of my personal friends on Facebook are on spring break right now, or have already had it. I keep seeing all their beach pics, and I'm ready to go NOW!  It's truly  my favorite place on earth, and I'm in serious need of a few days with my butt in the sand and a good book... Heading there in May, but really think I could be ready in 10 minutes if opportunity knocked on my door.  Then again, the beach means swimsuit shopping...UGH!

Wanting...something...EVERYthing in that new mint/tiffany blue color that's all over the ads these days. I'm in LOVE with it, for reals.  I went shopping...err..hunting...this weekend for something that struck my fancy, but came home with nothing. Isn't that the worst??  I really want some mint blue peep toe shoes to wear to a wedding & they are no where to be found. Boo :(

Needing...these darn allergies to HIT THE ROAD!!  I love spring..really, I do...but these white trees and all the pollen is about to kill me. I'm currently drowning, if you know what I mean, and no amount of Zyrtex or Sudafed seems to be helping the constant drip....drip....sneeze...drip...drip... cough.

Advice... Now I'm not a blogger with thousands of followers, so I'm not the expert on this kind of thing. But, if I were to give advice, it would be:

  1 - just be you! Blogs are so much more fun to read when you can sense some personality in there. Be funny, talk about stuff outside of your teaching, and let your blog represent who you really are!

  2 - Leave feedback/comments on things you like or love. Don't just download it and move on, leave the person some bloggy love to let them know you stopped by. Everyone loves comments!

  3 - Last, but not least, I believe in helping out other bloggers. I have heard stories of some people not wanting to lend a helping hand & I just don't get it. We were all newbies at some point, and this is such a wonderful community to be a part of.  Help someone out, network, send messages, and just be nice. Isn't that the right thing to do anyway??

Oh, and #4 - LINK UP!  There are so many fun & cute linkys out THIS one.  Link up & make some new friends... and like I said earlier, visit others and say "hi". :)

Well.... that's about it for me. It's bedtime & 5:30 comes WAAAYYYY too early for this night owl.  Thanks for stopping by & have a happy April !!  Can you believe this school year is flying by so fast?! Wowzers!

Night night!


  1. Stinkin cute blog girl! Love it! I'm down in Florida and would love if you send some of that rain down this way. I always enjoy vegging out with a good book and the sound of a storm outside. I could not agree more with your advice! We all like the comment love and linking up has introduced me to so many new blogger friends and ideas. I have become a much better teacher because of it. I'm excited to be your newest follower!

    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

  2. Your blog is so cute! I just found you through Farley's currently.

    I love the sound of rain, good thing, since I live in Oregon and we get a ton. But I've been enjoying the 75 degree weather we've had the last few days.

    Yes, comment love is great! Lately it's been lacking on a lot of blogs. My goal is to go and comment on at least 3 a day!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

  3. I enjoy leaving feedback, especially when I download a freebie.
    My kids go back to school tomorrow and that 6:00 am wake up call is going to be painful.
    My Second Sense

  4. I love the rain we've been having too, but I really want outside recess too! It seems like it has rained a lot since January!

    I just bought mint colored nail polish. I love that color!

  5. Hi Kelly,
    I just love your new blog design!! It is the first day of April here in SC and I woke up to rain!! This is my first official day of spring break...and I am loving every minute of it!! I love your advice!!
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

  6. Understand your feelings about allergies! I just took some medicine and they make me so sleepy! Enjoy your spring break!

  7. One more week til Spring Break you can do it!

    Aren't allergies the worst! I'm surrounded by a pile of tissues almost constantly. This allergy season is going to be terrible!


  8. We have one more week too! My mom AND mother-in-law have Spring Break THIS week, so we didn't get to plan any special family time like we usually do, which makes me kind of sad, but hopefully I can rest, relax, and enjoy my little ones for the week!! I love your Currently and hope that you are feeling better soon! It's been going around like crazy - the ONLY downfall of spring I think! :)
    One little thing....could you post homework for this week? We started doing it your way and now I'm lost without it this week!! Thanks so much!

  9. I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I have been using your homework weekly posts and was hoping you would consider making it for the whole year. I know I would be willing to pay you for it. Thanks again for all your help and for allowing us to use your resources.

  10. I just found your blog through Farley's Currently. I now have to go back and read through your previous posts. Thanks for the advice.

    The Teacher's Backpack

  11. I am loving that color too....and coral and lilac. Shopping addicts? I am right there with you on the allergies...I'm over the pollen and having a greenish yellow car. SO glad to have met you through blogging!

    For the Love of First Grade

  12. Discovered your blog through Currently-so cute, love the title! That mint color is really pretty. Great advice too!


  13. Love your advice! Glad I found your blog! I am moving to 1st grade next year and I am so excited!

    Literacy Sundae

  14. The pollen here in south Ga is kicking my butt... seriously... pollen-1, Stacy-0... we have spring break next week, too... and I can't wait. Hope you will have a great week off!
    Funky Fresh Firsties

  15. Enjoy your week off next week Kelly, I am ready for another Spring Break, already had mine:) I love your advice, totally agree!


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)