Thursday, February 21, 2013

Excuse me, where's your HALL PASS?

Holy Thursday, Batman - where is my week going?? I know, I know, I shouldn't complain because I'm off work this week, but doesn't it always seem that the weeks off go by a lot faster than those when you're at work??  Wow!

I did spend my day with some retail therapy...you know, Hobby Lobby, Target, and Office Max.  I get excited just saying those words!  I had a couple gift cards I've been waiting to use, and boy, did I put them to good use today.  I'm so bad with gift cards - I want to make sure I spend them on JUST the right thing, so I hold on to them until the perfect item or day comes along. Does anyone else do this, or am I alone here??

Anyway, tonight I'm linking up with Reagan at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits for her Hall Pass Linky. I L.O.V.E linky parties so yay! :)
Here's how it works:
P - Product
   I am fairly new to selling on TpT, so to choose my favorite product is probably easier for me than most. I'm going to go with my newest one because I'm kinda excited about it.... it's a Problem of the Day packet for March. It's Common Core aligned & includes daily sheets (one per day) and a sheet of cut aparts if you like to cut & tape the problems into math journals.  There are 24 problems and a cute cover sheet, too :)


I have been doing Problem of the Day as my activator to math lessons for years now & I love how it increases my firsties' problem solving. With the increased depth of the Common Core, we have been working on it more than ever! If you want to pick up this pack, just hop on over to my TpT store & grab it.
Also the first five people to comment below & leave their email address will win it. I'll send it right to you ! :) I'm already working on April & hope to make them for each month :)

A - Area
My favorite area of the classroom is a hard one... I'd have to go with my reading center...
The kids love to go in there & snuggle up to a good book.  I like it because it just brings my room together, plus my Ikea leaf just makes me happy!
I love my desk area too...when (and I say WHEN) I get to sit down, I love having a space of my own. A lot of other teachers I work with have gotten rid of their desk, but I still dig my little corner of the world :)

S - Signal
   Man, have I tried a million of these?!!  Bells, clapping, lights, you name it.  This year, I've been using the Whole Brain Teaching, "Class? Yes!" and it works like a charm.  After the "Yes!", I say, "Eyes and ears on me", and the kiddies turn around, put their hush buttons up (finger over their lips) and say "Eyes and ears on YOU!".  They love to yell YOU, and it works wonderfully.  In the hallway, I just have to say "Hush Buttons" and everyone puts their buttons on & is ready for walking.  That ones has worked for 12 years, so I'm sticking with it.  

S - Sanity
   My sanity is maintained by chocolate...
I TRY to keep these OUT of my room because I will eat all of them. Yes, all of them.  It's better for the chocolate to be located in someone else's room so I can just grab a handful, take a deep breath, and walk away.

   Another key to my sanity is my first grade team. They are THE BEST & I can laugh, be sarcastic, whine, cry, or be my goofy self with them all the time. I love them. "Nuff said.

   Lastly, LAUGHING is the best medicine for sure. I love my "funnies" as I call them, and always head to Pinterest for some eCards & other stuff for a good laugh.

haha...just a few of my recent favorites :) I hope everything is doing great & hang in there, it's almost FRIDAY!!! :)

Don't forget to head over to Reagan's blog & link up!



11 comments:

  1. I would love a copy!!! :)

    davis.ashleyb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post this evening! I love M & M's too!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a copy! Thank you do much Kelly! :-)

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hold onto my gift cards too! When I FINALLY find something that I really want to use them on they are expired, haha!

    Kindergarten Kidlets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly,
    Your Math unit would be a blessing to me!
    The kiddos need a math/word work balance of morning work and this would sure do the trick! I love this linky and if I can make it through tomorrow, I am linking up! I love your Hush Button!! Stealing that one!
    Julie
    Betto411@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelly! Did I make it to sample your math unit?!?! Your post is so similar to mine! Chocolate, whole brain! Awesome stuff!
    Kim
    dkdkk@iowatelecom.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like we keep sane the same way. Love me some chocolate!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your problem of the day packet! I could use these right now as a whole group activity. Love it! Your room is adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post ROCKS! ha ha ha. I love your room. I laughed at your sanity and humor, your product looks amazing and I may need to suit up like a doctor on Monday because I am determined to locate all of their hush buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is soooo cute!! And I do the exact same thing with my gift cards!! I want to be sure I get just the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The one of the best dependable Online Gift Shop based in karol bagh. We have advertising gifts any occasion and festival with delivers in all over India. Online gifts shop is best services for customer its very demanding. All equipment available on customer. Large number of people. online festival gifts shop , book gifts. Gifts shop services packing with cover. online buy gifts in karol bagh

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)