Monday, January 28, 2013

100th Day Re-Cap in Pictures !

I  have been such a bad blogger... and honestly, I have no excuses other than laziness and being just plain overwhelmed. We have been testing with AIMSweb, which is similar to DIBELS but it has a math component. So, as I'm sure you know, that means pulling each individual to me & the computer for 8 tests.  All the while trying to keep the other children quiet and engaged in SOMETHING.  With first graders, it's truly like herding cats.  But, with only one more day of testing, I think we just might survive!

That being said, I'm exhausted.  How bad is it to go to bed at like 7:00??  I'm definitely a night owl, and typically stay up for the news, but tonight, I don't even think I'll make it to prime time :)  

Anyway, just wanted to share how our 100th day celebration went.... We had so much fun & the all-day centers went off without a hitch!!  Yay! 


For the original post about these centers...and the links to the original sources for these ideas.. .click  <HERE>.

Just a few things we did to show off how much smarter we are after 100 days!

We created  structure using 100 cups:
 We painted 100 dots:
We read this amazingly sweet book & wrote about what we would look like in 100 years... warning: this book is a tearjerker, but so wonderful :)
We searched through numbered Hershey Kisses & filled in our hundreds chart... our "Kiss Your Brain" center :) This was the definite favorite!


We put together our 100 piece puzzle...
The kids loved making pictures of the number 100...
They're glasses if you can't tell...

The kids also had to write their numbers to 100...
And we had snack....ahh, the snack!  It was so much fun, but I had to stay as far away as I could from that chocolate ! (Down 6.5 lbs in 2 weeks but my willpower is no match for chocolate goodness!)


We also took 100 steps down the hall to see how far we could get...

completed our 100 day books...

made hats & glasses...

and did 100 exercises!!!

WOW! What a day! 


I am so appreciative of all the teacher bloggers out there who came up with these great ideas so I could use them in my classroom.  Being part of the blogging community is awesome & I just love it. 

Anyway, that was it for the end of last week. Now, we are working on making mental pictures/visualizing and our fun weather unit. I can't wait to share it all with you, so I hope you'll stop by again soon!

I'm 10 followers away from 300, and planning a big giveaway..
1 - a $25 gift card
2 - one of those AWESOME pencil sharpers 
3 - a set of my favorite books

That's 3 winners & 3 great prizes.... Coming soon.....!

Happy Monday, folks... Thanks for stopping by! :)

7 comments:

  1. We haven't had our 100th day yet so thank your for sharing all of these great ideas. I'm trying to gather as many ideas as possible and then narrow it down from there. :)

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 100th day looks like sooooo much fun! I love the 100 cups structure and the little artist who made the glasses out of 100. So cute! Congrats on your weight loss! I stuffed my face with marshmallows, goldfish, m&m's, and other assorted goodies on our 100th day, so I am totally impressed by your will power! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.s. cannot waaaait for your fabulous giveaway! Stop by my blog in a day or two to check out a HUGE giveaway I will be throwing to celebrate my 100 followers!

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain with AIMS! I finished my testing about 2 weeks ago and I was so glad! It's such a pain to test the kiddos in class with everything else going on. I'm glad you are almost done, hang in there! Looks like your class had a great 100th day!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling exhausted?! Thank goodness....I thought I was the only one!
    I just LOVE your 100's Day in pictures! My favorite is your KISS the BRAIN! May I steal that one? We celebrate our big day next Wednesday so I have time to get a parent helper on this one!!!
    Great post!!!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our 100 day was yesterday too - it looks like some of our centers were the same! My kids loved the 100 Cups, although it crashed many, many times before they finished a structure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our 100th day is tomorrow! I love the 100 steps down the hall idea and am going to do this tomorrow. Can you provide more specific directions for how you did the hershey kiss activity. This looks like fun!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)