Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year ... and the CURRENTLY!


Happy (early) New Year!!! I think 2012 was just a dream, it went by so fast!
I have been a bad blogger, but I have been enjoying the holidays with my family & friends & just takin' it easy. But, it's that awesome time of the month, where we all link up with Farley for the Currently! I'm usually late on this, so I'm pretty pumped to get ahead of the game this time. Maybe that's a good omen for the new year??!!


Listening - I just LOVE Ellen. Even the re-runs make me happy. She is so positive & does so much for others. I watch her every day when I get home from school & she's a bright spot in my day.

Loving - all my Christmas gifts. I am truly blessed (and NOT in just the material way), but it was a boots frenzy this year! I got all 3 pair of the new boots I wanted, and I just can't wait to wear them. But, I've been kinda lazy (i.e. yoga pants and sweatshirts, so they haven't gotten worn just yet!).

Thinking - Oh how I hated getting out of school on the 21st. The kids were nutball, and so was I, But, now that I still have a full week in front of me, I'm a pretty happy gal :)

Wanting - So, my brain is on overdrive with my need to re-do the master bathroom. I love to decorate and change things, so I'm always looking for ideas (hello Pinterest!), but this has become a necessity!  I've already picked out the shower curtain & accessories...now I just need the $$ to make it happen! Oh, January - how  broke you make me!

Needing - for the Sudafed, Tylenol Cold & Flu, and Cough Drops to work their miracle magic and make me feel better. I'm thankful I'm sick now, and not next week trying to get back into the swing of things, but I really hate feeling like poopy.  I think everyone in the free world is sick, at least according to my Facebook feed, but I'm ready to feel better!

OLW - Faith
  I tend to be a wee bit of a control freak - I want to control everything, and when something is not going to way I think it should, I want to change it. But, this year, my goal is to just have FAITH.

  I read this quote once .. " Faith in God includes Faith in His Timing".  That's my new motto this year - to truly trust and have faith that everything is the way it is for a reason . . . faith that it will all work out the way it's supposed to .... faith that my kiddies are getting all they need to & the powers that be really have their best interest at heart . . . faith that I can do the things I set my mind to... faith that I can let go of the things I simply can't control...  

   ... the list goes on & on, but you get the point! :)

Anyway, that's it for me. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL new year!!!  Here's to a beautiful, faith-filled, happy, and healthy 2013!!

:)

11 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Farley's Currently. I can't wait to check it out. I hope you feel better. We have another week of vacation too! Enjoy it!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you through Farley's Currently. Wish that I still had another week of vacation. I go back on Wednesday. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another week is soooo soooo good... I go back on the 7th but kids come on the 9th :) thanks so much for linking up and feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching Ellen too! Sophia Grace and Rosie are super cute. I can't believe you got out the 21st and still have a week off! Lucky duck!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got out of school Dec. 21 too and it was so hard to be ready for Christmas. But I agree that it sure is nice now! Here's to a terrific 2013!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE ELLEN!! I record the show everyday and watch it when I get home from school. It is my sanity in this crazy world! Sophia and Grace are so adorable. I have the rest of the week off too, so thankful! I work in a year round school, so I had the past 2 weeks off and this week. I love it!

    Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm just getting over it :(
    Happy New Year!

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your terrific blog through Currently and I am your newest follower! I hope yoiu get to feeling better soon!
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boots are my favorite!!!! Have fun dressing those up, or down :)

    Love your OLW. I could definitely use more faith too, so often I try to do too much on my own instead of waiting on God's timing.

    I'm a new follower of yours and would love it if you stopped by and checked out my blog to see if it would be something you would like to follow too!

    Brie @ Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so with you on the timing of our break. It seemed so late, but now I'm so happy to have a few more days! The sickness thing is certainly going around. Feel better!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog through Farley's Currently and I really enjoyed reading your post, especially your OLW. I hope your vast array of medicines start working! I'm new to blogging and would love for you to check out my blog:

    mrsparisisclass.blogspot.com

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm late on the linky and new to teacher blogging, but found your blog on the Currently linky. What a gorgeous blog you have! I can't wait to go through everything and get inspired!

    Jill
    Apple Bottom Beans

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)