Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Currently - Last one of the Year!

Okay, okay, so I'm a little late to the party, but I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for the monthly Currently...finally!

I do love doing these every month & seeing everyone's posts, but I have to say, they come around so fast I am reminded of just how fast this year is flying by. How is it already only 2 weeks until Christmas??  WOW!

Anyway, here goes...
  To Howie Mandel & this crazy new game show called "Take it All". I'll admit it, I'm a complete sucker for random TV - reality shows, game shows, you name it. If it's mindless TV, or especially if it involves any kind of competition, I'm in.  I'm a marketer's dream!!  haha.  It is pretty interesting to watch how people's greed will take over when it comes down to the line.

    It goes without saying, but isn't Christmas seriously the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR?!?!?  I just love everything about it - even the crazy crowds are okay as long as they're surrounded by jolly music, red & green everything, & all the holidays smells.  I know most people love the holiday, but it truly makes me so happy. I think I get it from my mom - I swear, my parents' house looks like a Christmas village threw up in there.. but I love it :)

    I can't believe we STILL have 8 more school days until the break.  In years past, we have gotten out a week before Christmas & gone back shortly after the new year. This year, we go right up until the 21st, and if my kiddies behavior is any indication, the next week and a half might just kill me...or drive me totally nuts.  I'm serious - there's  a strong possibility that the custodians might find me curled up under my desk in the fetal position any day now!
    I really do have a great group of kids . . . but those sweet little first graders have been Elf Napped or something, and I'm left with pure craziness.  I'm talking whining . . . crying . . . tattling....tantrum throwing. . . nutball kiddos.  I wrote more parent notes home today than EVER in my teaching career.  I've been told to never pray for patience, so I'm praying for survival !

Wanting . . .
     Doesn't it sound awfully shallow to want more money?  I know.  And as embarrassed as I am to admit it, I really would like some.  We got paid before Thanksgiving which is making the trek to the 21st a LONG one, especially with all the present buying & those awesome quarterly bills that show up when you completely forget they're coming.  But, then after Christmas, we wait SIX weeks until the next check, so that should be a rockin' good time, too.  Wow, that PowerBall lottery sure does sound good about now!  Does anyone's else's school system pay like this??

    A magic elf.  Now, I have an Elf on the Shelf (named Prince Noah Jingles...for real), but he's really not been much help on the wrapping and writing forefront. I need one of Santa's elves to come into my humble abode & wrap up everything, write & address cards...and, if I'm being honest, he could do a couple loads of laundry, too! :)

    I just LOVE the idea of Random Acts of Kindness.  There's nothing that truly embodies the spirit of Christmas like RAK's & I adore Farley for including this in the Currently.

    For me, I learned from a friend of a local assisted living facility in need of some holiday love. Most of the residents don't have a lot of family or friends, and when asked what they wanted for Christmas, they listed things like "Dr. Pepper, peanut butter crackers, shampoo that smells good, and sharp razors".  Broke me heart.  Seriously... I mean, with all the hustle & bustle to get the biggest and best presents, these sweet people just want some simple little things.  So...  I contacted my principal & we're going in as a school to get goodies bags together & cards for all the residents.  And, we're going caroling after school one day, too!  I don't know if this counts as totally random, but I'm super excited about it :)

So that's it for me! 
   I can't wait to read all your blogs to see what's going on (and to make me feel better about my craziness, too!).  I hope you're all having a GREAT week & you are surviving the madness. Thanks for stopping by ! :)


  1. Hi Kelly!
    I loved reading your currently!
    If you find that magical money elf, save some for me! I had to turn the channel on the Howie Show! It brought back last year's bad memory at a Christmas party and a terribly WHITE Elephant gift! Hehehehe!
    Happy Holidays!
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

  2. You can make it to Christmas break!! You're SO CLOSE! And I LOOOOVE christmastime too! i'm working retail and loving all the sights and smells of the season :) Love your currently!

    The Gypsy Teacher

  3. Kelly, I love your blog! I just became a follower! I'm a sixth grade teacher, but I feel the same way you do about Christmas break. We have FIVE more days...and I have been counting down for a while. Check out my blog at http://wbtforme.blogspot.com/, I'll definitely stop back at your again! Happy Holidays!


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)