Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November Photo Dump & a FREEBIE


I've been a horrible blogger - it's been almost two weeks since I've been on here & I feel just awful about it. But, in my defense, I've been sick & as you can all relate, the last few weeks before a break are CRAZY!

But, I'm off for the whole week & I am super thankful about that. Right now, I'm just trying to get well so I can enjoy some Black Friday or Brown Thursday?? ( what DO you call that, now?) shopping.  I know there's lots of argument about whether or not stores should be open on Thanksgiving night, and part of me feels bad about  heading out, and the other part of me wants a really good deal on a TV :)  Are any of you heading out????

So, it's time for a Photo Dump! I love seeing pictures of what everyone is doing in their rooms, and I thought I'd clean out the memory card & share what we've been working on in the first grade :)

Adjective Teacher Portraits


Adjective Self Portrait Webs - the kids web adjectives to describe themselves & I took a picture of them in the center.

Poppin' Adjectives. We popped popcorn & then used our five sense (& five popcorn kernels) to identify adjectives.

 Adjective Native American Hats - four feathers with adjectives on each. 
We actually used these during our study of Sacagawea & the adjectives describe her.
Pilgrim Craftivities.  I found them on TpT <HERE>. It was such a fun project & the kids loved it.




Not sure where this guy's pants went...uh oh!

We also made Fact Family Turkeys & Mayflowers.  We used the Mayflower to identify 3 things we learned about the first Thanksgiving.


Lastly, we've also been working on plural nouns with suffix -s, -es, and -ies. 

We made our anchor chart & then completed a simple cut & paste activity. You can pick it up for FREE at my TpT store <HERE>
I hope that each and every one of you  has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving & enjoys the time with your friends and family. You deserve it ! !




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly -
    I feel so bad, you stopped by my blog a while ago and I'm just now getting to yours which is stinkin' adorable by the way. I love chevron stripes and polka dots!!! I also love all your fun projects. So glad I popped in and I'm now your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie-wow-wow! I am totally impressed!!! Can I be in your classroom? I bet your Firsties had the best time with all of the crafts and learning. I also love seeing you use the essential question. Does your district encourage that or is that all you? Very cool.
    Jill
    Cruz'n in First

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)