Sunday, November 4, 2012

November CURRENTLY!

Whooooshhh !!!  That's the sound of this school year flying by.  I can't believe it's already November !  WOW! Well, along with fall & all the goodness that November holds, it's also time for this month's CURRENTLY! :)

Sunday nights are always about cleaning house, doing laundry, planning outfits, & lesson planning. I  try to get all of this done before Revenge comes on TV, so it's typically a chick flick on in the background (that I've seen four gazillion times) to pass the time. It's my Sunday night thing, I guess :) So that's my LISTENING and my THINKING, cause a housekeeper would make my life so much easier.  I mean the kind that would do the baseboards . . . the fans . . . all that junk I hate doing.  Ahh... a girl can dream right?!

Anyway, I'm LOVING that I have Tuesday off.  It was originally a teacher workday, but due to our furlough needs, they took that one & furloughed us.  We only have 3 "F" days this year, which isn't too bad, so I can't complain. Some school districts around here had to give up TEN days. Wowzers!  So, basically, I'm pumped that I am off, I've already voted (yay for early voting!), and I get to just sleep late and do nothing (shop?). Kinda pathetic, but who doesn't love a good day off?!

In other news, I am going to a concert tomorrow night, which makes me even happier that I don't have to work Tuesday. I don't know about you, but long gone are the days that I can "go out" on a "school night" and still function the next day. Yep, I admit it, I'm getting old :(  Anyway, it's almost MB's bday, so I'm taking him to see his favorite band, and I seriously WANT a new outfit to wear.  But, I have a rule that I try not to don't buy anything for myself after November 1st because I need to save the $$ for Christmas shopping, which is what I really NEED to be doing.

When do y'all start Christmas shopping?  I start idea thinking in October and start spending in November usually, but this year, I'm struggling for ideas.  So, tell me - what's on YOUR list this year???

Lastly, classroom MUSIC - I L.O.V.E Jack Johnson's Curious George soundtrack!!!!
I am a wee bit in love with Mr. Johnson all the time, but this CD is kid friendly & my firsties love it. I have been listening to it in my room for like  6 or 7 years, and it's always a hit. Plus, it's kinda mellow even with the words and it works wonders to get kids working quietly.   Love it :)

So, thanks for stopping by & I can't wait to read about what y'all are doing ! Hop on over to Farley's blog & link up ! :)  Have a great week!


7 comments:

  1. lol...Your Sundays sound just like mine! There's a load in the washer, and one in the dryer...with a few other piles waiting their turn...I thought I would take a break from school work by updating my blog, and reading a few others'...and the PVR is set to record "Revenge" in case everyone here gets distracted and can't watch it altogether...

    I would love a day off this week (although I know I would still end up using it for school stuff anyway...). Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I found your blog from Farley's Currently. Very cute. I love to come and poke around a primary grade teacher's blog. Sometimes I miss teaching little ones. Right now I've got middle schoolers. They are fun too.
    Enjoy your concert and your day off. And if you ever find a housekeeping fairy, please send her my way!!

    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I'm watching Revenge right now...love it!!

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some cleaning fairies that come at night, clean silently and in the morning...tada! Heehee

    Bren
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the second person I've read tonight that was listening to Curious George! I love that album. What's that about cmas shopping? I should take notes from you, but I don't start until December. Gets me in trouble every year.

    loved reading your Currently!

    Heather
    Peacocks & Penguins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly! So glad you stopped by my blog! I'd love for you to link up soon. :)

    I'm ALSO from GA, although I've lived in Arizona for the past 6 years. My family is all still in GA. :)

    I'm your newest follower!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, I seriously love me some Jack Johnson too! Especially the Curious George soundtrack! My kiddos love it! But of course I only play it when I need them to be up and moving!

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)