Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October CURRENTLY!!

It's beginning to feel a lot like . . . FALL!!!  Yay :)
   And, it's that time again to link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade.

Listening . . . 
 It's election time, so I'm listening to the debates. I think it's so important for all of us to get and stay informed about what is going on.  My school is doing a mock election this year with the whole school & I always love this!  When I did my student teaching in 2000, my portfolio unit was on the election & it got me so interested in the views of children when it came to voting & the presidency. That was in 5th grade (can you believe I student taught in 5th? YIKES!) & now that I'm in first, it's always so funny to hear what the kids have to say.  If only their parents knew all the things that come out of their little mouths . ..

Loving . . . 
  That I only have 2 days . . . that's 16 hours (not that I am counting or anything) until our FALL BREAK!!  I just L.O.V.E our calendar this year.

We have a whole week off next week . . . then 6 weeks in school . . .
  then a whole week off for Thanksgiving . . . then 4 weeks of school . . .
     then two weeks off for Christmas . . . then 6 weeks of school . . .
       then a whole week off for Winter Break . . . then 6 weeks of school. . .
         then a whole week off for Spring Break . . . then 7 weeks of school . . .
           then SUMMER!!!

Isn't that awesome???

Thinking . . .
 I am loving this weather.  Here in GA, we don't get a lot of fall, to be honest.  We got A LOT of summer, and a little bit of winter.  I am just loving going to recess without sweating a bucket before I have to teach the rest of the day & sitting outside and actually enjoying being out there.  And I can't wait for cute sweaters, scarves, boots, and such.  And the colors of fall?? Gorgeous!

Wanting . . . 
 Leopard print running shoes.  Look at these things!!!
I'm in LOVE.  I can't seem to find them to actually buy them, but I'm on a hunt.   And, I'm a pretty determined shopper (addict??) so I hope to seek them out and have them on my feet ASAP.

I should point out I don't run.  I SHOULD run.  I NEED to run.  But I don't run.  You know those stickers you see on runners cars with the marathon time numbers on them?  I'm jealous of their tenacity, determination and dedication to it.  But, I'm a chubber, and this is my sticker . . .
I do need to run though . . and I do want those shoes :)

Needing . . .
 More hours in the day.  Maybe an assistant??? 'Nuff said. 

Book . . . 
My favorite Halloween book. It just makes me happy & the kids LOVE it.  It's a favorite every single year.  I'm including it in my 200 follower giveaway coming soon.  Come back to see what else I have planned :)

Head on over to Farley's blog & link up. I just love reading these every month!!

Happy Wednesday :)

14 comments:

  1. OMG! Those shoes are adorable! I might exercise just so I can wear those! I just have a 3-day weekend, but I'll take it!

    Enjoy your week off!

    anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous of your Fall Break! Not only do we NOT have Fall Break, we have to work on Columbus Day! I'm also from GA! I'm from Gainesville but now I live in Pensacola, FL and we're moving to Hawaii in Dec. Fall is beautiful in GA! Every time, I go home I'm amazed at how GREEN it is!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leopard running shoes???!! I must go shopping. Enjoy your break.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have all kinds of wonderful breaks! Your school year should fly by!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your fall break. Maybe you can find those awesome shoes. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog CRACKS me up! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the 3rd person who is reading Room on the Broom. I think I must buy it! And you just gave me one more reason to move to Georgia - a Fall Break! My favorite time of the year & not a single day off!

    I am your newest follower. Stop by sometime.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I am really jealous of your schedule.

    Jessica
    Learn, Play & Have Fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, am adding that book to my list. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leopard print running shoes!!! How crazy and fun is that?

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a student who was describing the debate-"there's this one guy and he's trying to win the other guy and they were just talking and talking and just kept telling each other they were wrong." How astute! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! I'm your newest follower. :-)

    "Room On The Broom" is a great book; I teach at a Christian school and can't read it to my kinders. But it is one of my October favs!

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)