Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Writing & ELA Unit - YAY!

    So I am super excited about Halloween, as I'm sure y'all have figured out, and I'm even more excited to share my new Halloween writing & ELA unit.  It's common core based, and included lesson plans for 13 days of fun.  Now, I know there are only 9 school days before the big day but you can pick & choose what you want, or even join some activities together.

   The unit includes full lesson plans (written in E.A.T.S Learning Focused Format) for your integrated writing/ELA time, craftivities (YAY!) for monsters, ghosts, & tombstones  . . . printable story maps & beginning, middle, & end activities, center cards, a poem, a story, a recipe for Witches Brew & some other extras.  I've taught this unit in the past & it's always a favorite of my kids. :)

   Here are some previews:

We actually did the Monster Synonym/Shades of Meaning activity in class today & had a blast.  We talked about synonyms & how they don't always mean EXACTLY the same thing, but they have shades of meaning (common core language here folks!).  We created monsters & on the hands, the students wrote a pair of synonyms.  Tomorrow, we'll be making candy corns to show the different "shades". :)

This and SO MUCH more is included in the 27 page unit.  Please hop on over to my TpT store to get yourself a packet :) It's my very first item for sale over there, so I am kinda nervous and hope you love it as much as I do. Does anyone else feel like a mommy when it comes to their stuff?? haha!

Oh, and just a note - I decided to go with the Angry Birds for my pumpkin decorating & have been up to elbows in paint for a couple hours now . .. fingers crossed they turn out well :) I'll share pictures of all the great creations soon!! 

So, thanks for stopping by. I hope you like what you see & have a wonderful Friday. It's almost the weekend, people! WOO HOO! 

*P.S> NO IDEA why the fonts are so random and wompy, so please forgive me :)


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)