Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Compound Word Bats, Last Minute FREEBIE & some Sweetness

WOW!  Ever year, I forget just how nutball my kids are at Halloween. They are all kinds of ca-razy!! I know they're super exited about it, but goodness gracious, they're wide open, for sure!  I can't even begin to think about Thursday :/
Anyway, we made compound word bats and they turned out super cute, so I wanted to share:





We also did pumpkin number order & I thought you might want a FREEBIE.  You know, in case you have a lull in your day tomorrow *yeah right!*





I used our die-cut to get the pumpkins and wrote random sequences of numbers on them, but I included a pumpkin template if you want to run it on colored paper or construction paper.  The kids loved this & it was great for practice on our numeracy standard of counting to 120 from any given number. You can pick up the freebie <HERE> if you want it :)

Lastly, just a sweet little something to share with you.
Today, my school collected goodies & snacks to share with the thousands of people stranded here in Atlanta at the airport because of Hurricane Sandy. Our kids brought in the goodies & then wrote notes to give to the people as a random act of kindness.  This one just melted my heart & just reinforced how much I LOVE first grade :)

Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweetheart! I ♥ firsties!

    Bren
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bats are super cute! What a great way to show compound words.
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)