Monday, September 3, 2012

September Currently




Holy cow - it's already September???
My, how time flies when you're having fun.. or getting older. I'm not sure which one is more true, but either way, I can't believe it's already September & I've been in school for four weeks. Crazy.

Anyway, it's that time again to link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently!

So, it's pretty obvious I'm having an issue with my air conditioner. I went to MB's for the weekend, and returned tonight to a house that was 86 degrees INSIDE and no air.  My handy dandy dad can't figure out what's wrong (which is bad sign number 1) and neither can two of my friends who liken themselves to Tim the Tool Man Taylor.  MB tried to help on the phone, but alas, I sit here with no air. In Georgia.  In September. . . which is still really warm. It's supposed to be back in the 90's this week!!

Well, I lied... my dad installed a little window unit a while back "just in case" and "in case" reared it's ugly head today. So, I have gathered up all my worldly possessions (i.e. laptop, diet coke, cell phone, and water) and am holed up in the guest room trying to stay cool.  Needless to say, finding an A/C repair man at 8:00 on Labor Day night is not an easy task.  Thankfully one dude called me back and will come check it out tomorrow... when I'm at work. Thank heavens for Daddies because he is driving in from Alabama to wait on the guy.

Fingers crossed it's something small . . .

and easily fixed . . .

and cheap . . .

and cheap . . .

did I mention cheap?? :)

Anyway, had a great weekend & got my craft on while it stormed.  Rainy days are great for watching loads of college football & doing crafts. I've been making burlap footballs and pumpkins this weekend & I'm kinda excited about it. For the record, I'm getting better (woo hoo!) and they look rather cute if I do say so myself.

So, that's about it for me folks. I really need about 2 more days of this weekend to get everything done I need done, but I"ll be thankful for what I was given. We start AIMSweb testing (does anyone else do that??) this week, which means individual testing of each kid that last about 30 minutes per child. It's quite an undertaking with 20 kids who aren't self-sufficient yet, but I have a great team, so we'll work it out !! 

Hope everyone had an AWESOME Labor Day weekend :)

Happily,

11 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued by your burlap footballs and pumpkins. I think a post with pictures is in order!

    -Dani
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see pics of your burlap creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your AIMS testing sounds really hard! I can't imagine having to that much one-on-one right now. Good luck! I'm with you on the wish for a longer weekend too. It's nice to have found your blog. I'm your newest follower!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling your pain about the heat...my car was reading 102 today as I headed home...hopefully for not much longer though!!

    I'm also thinking a trip to Hobby Lobby is in order...I want to try something in burlap!!

    I'm also your newest follower :)

    Cheryl
    Spotted Around the School

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope your AC was able to be fixed! We had that happen over the summer, and I feel your pain!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by blog Kelly! I am now following you as well. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your pumpkins and footballs!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,

    Oh my gosh, your burlap footballs and pumpkins sound adorable!! You will have to post pictures when you are done! I have been wanting to make a burlap pencil that I've seen floating around, but pumpkins would be super fun also for the fall season!!! Which I am super excited to decorate for! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is sooo cute! I love the chalkboard doodles on the background! I am your newest follower too!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were lucky to have found a repair man on Labor Day! Did the repair man say what the problem was with your AC unit? Maybe it would be good to check on it every once in a while to see if the problem comes up again. You can try washing the filter every two weeks so that it produces colder air without using too much energy.

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)