Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Proper Noun Pizzas & a FREEBIE!


Yay for Saturdays!  I've been busy planning for our last week before our fall break (yay!), and it's going to be full of craft activities (craftivities??) & lots of learning. I can't wait to share some with you - we are doing Angry Bird Verbs, Pete the Cat verbs & dressing up like "robbers" in our study of sneaky e!  Fun stuff.

Anyway, I wanted to share a quick idea with you & a FREEBIE.

This week, we studied proper nouns and make proper noun pizzas!  I got the idea from Christie at Teaching in Flip Flops & she made pronoun pizzas.  Because I just couldn't wait 'til we got to pronouns, I decided to alter it a little and do it for proper nouns.  Doing anything food related (even without ACTUAL food) makes the kids happy, so they loved this :)







So, I created a FREEBIE for all of you! 




For the record, I created this AFTER we made our pizzas, so yours will look a little different *and cuter, I think* than ours.  Also, the little stars are where your kids will put their glue so their little pepperonis will flap up.  This was interesting, to say the least, but we used bottle glue (YIKES!) and they did really well with it.

You can get the freebie at my TpT store HERE !!   The fonts are by Kevin & Amanda. Love them :)

You can also use these for pronouns (like Christie did!), plural nouns, etc... I would LOVE to hear your ideas, so please let me know if you use it.

Enjoy & have a GREAT weekend :)



10 comments:

  1. I'm so excited!! This is such a cute craftivity!! I can't wait to use it when we learn about nouns. Thanks for sharing!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love! We will be doing these this week! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found my blog, so that I could find yours! This is just what we need. I am just wrapping up my Noun Town activity and I was wanting to find a good way to cover common/proper. Thanks so much. I love it!

    Erin
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea. Thanks for the freebie. I think it would be a fun thing to do with math facts too. Put the problem on the pepperoni and the answer under the flap. Thanks for sharing. I started a weekly link up and I think this post would be perfect for it. I would love it if you stopped by my blog to link up! :-)

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute, Thanks for sharing. I think I am your newest follower!
    Dynelle
    http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks - getting ready to teach plural nouns this week so thinking this would be way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this nice post. Proper nouns are one of the most essential parts of the English language, so Learn proper nouns to improve English Language skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I'm a homeschooler with a VERY to hard to please first grader. I'm sure he'll love these! We haven't gotten to proper nouns, though, so we'll have to make the pizza with regular nouns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!
    This was a great idea to motivate my students and have fun while learning.
    Please keep posting such interesting teaching ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)