Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Common Core App. WOW!

Hi Friends,
    I've been a little slack on blogging because my super sweet mama is in the hospital and I've been up here hanging out with her while she gets better. And she IS getting better! Yay :)  Here she is at the beach.. I do love her so very much. For all of you that pray and send happy thoughts, I'd love a little one sent up just for her.

 Being as hospitals are not the most exciting places, while she sleeps, I have had a lot of time to blog stalk, and I came across the coolest thing .  .  . the Common Core App . . . have you seen this??  I think I may be a little late to this party but I am in LOVE!

You can also look over there to the right -------------------------------->     and see it in action.

See . . . you install this widget and it is always there on your blog or website.

For me, I always need to reference Common Core when I am doing my lesson plans or working on school stuff. So, typically, I am under a pile of papers where I have sorted through the GAZILLION sheets of standards.  We have them whole page, half page, bulleted and numbered, you name it! all in a binder - all need to be kept. Which was my only option . . .  until now ! Yippee! 

Anyway, I can have this widget (I'm super techy so I have NO idea what I am talking about!) thingy on when I am doing my lesson plans, and it just pulls out and VOILA - standards.

PLUS. . . you can copy & paste them.  Yes, you heard me right, copy AND paste. 

Here in GA, the standards are only available (at least for those of us in my district) through our state website.

 . . where the file are all PDF's . . .

where you can't copy and paste.

So, when you have to type in your standards in your Plans, which we are required to do, I actually have to TYPE THEM OUT (ugh!) which involves either flipping back & forth on pages on the internet or using actual papers.

Anyhoo... super excited about this little app thingamajig.  You can get one for you, too at THIS PLACE.




 Also, I'm getting a blog makeover soon & I can't wait for you to see it. It's the cutest thing ever! No, really, it is :)

Have a great Wednesday & thanks for the thoughts & prayers :)

Happily (& Thankful),






3 comments:

  1. That app is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I cannot wait to check it out. That will make life SO much easier!

    BTW - You might already have one, but I'm hosting a giveaway on my site..a free, personal laminator. Come check it out if you get a chance!

    AND..I'm definitely sending up prayers for your mom.

    Heather
    Sensational Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly...sending prayers your way for your mama!

    Thanks so much for the link to the common core widgit! I'm going to go and check it out!

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother is beautiful! I hope she feels better soon.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)